[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What other GOOD books are there about a difficult male/male relationships?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 38462.jpg (105KB, 308x475px) Image search: [Google]
38462.jpg
105KB, 308x475px
What other GOOD books are there about a difficult male/male relationships? Most of the ones I've tried have been shit.

Pic related is the exception. It was depressing as fuck, but throughly enjoyable and even relatable.
>>
Maurice
The Confusions of Young Törless
At Swim, Two Boys

We have to get around to making a homo /lit/ chart one of these days.
>>
>>8747500
Thanks. Incidentally I was going to read At Swim next, and this list will definitely keep me occupied for a while.

Also I totally support a homo /lit/ chart. Reading a book about faggots that wasn't pompous nonsense or just some mediocre young adult stuff was a pretty big deal for me.
>>
>>8747512
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPviAKaHAN0
>>
File: ytmal.jpg (17KB, 220x333px) Image search: [Google]
ytmal.jpg
17KB, 220x333px
The relationship between Greg Sestero and Tommy Wiseau in this book is an entertaining trainwreck of bromance but also hatred and psychopathy.
>>
>>8747492
wait I thought this thread was just about male relationships, not literally cakeboy shit

ewww
>>
>>8747535
>>8747557

/lit/ is literally rèddit now. is this the fate of every slow-moving board?
>>
Forbidden Colours
>>
>>8747500
Which version of The Confusions of Young Törless is better? The Penguin (trans. Shaun Whiteside) or Oxford (Mike Mitchell)?
>>
>>8747586
1) I haven't browsed this board in nearly five years because it was balls deep into the retard game years ago pal, if you thought it was good after then, you're reddit tier yourself. See I can be elitist too.
2) I haven't even watched The Room and don't care for the retarded memes surrounding it, but that book genuinely matches the criteria of the OP. Try thinking outside of the circlejerk.
>>
>>8747628
Couldn't tell you. I read the Penguin one, no obvious issues but I suppose issues wouldn't be obvious to me.
>>
>>8747500
>The Confusions of Young Törless
All this while I thought it was The Confessions of... Turns out /lit/ was right all along and I am a literal retard. Ah, such a liberating thought.
>>
>>8747781
easy mistake to make
>>
Lubiewo/Lovetown
>>
The City and the Pillar
>>
>>8747500
>The Confusions of Young Törless
Good one.

Jakob Von Gunten has an interesting relationship between Jakob and the headmaster.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.