[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It was a rather good book. Even if nothing is true in it,I enjoyed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

It was a rather good book.
Even if nothing is true in it,I enjoyed reading about random deals and why they were made.
>>
>>8747149
>Even if nothing is true in it, I enjoyed reading about random deals and why they were made.
Isn't this what all fiction is?
>>
>>8747155
Fiction never states that it's true.
Art of The Deal is supposedly a true story.
>>
I tried reading it expecting to learn something about deals and compromises but instead found it had the same substance as one of his speeches. "Oh, I bought that building from the Astor Trust. They're good people. Very respectable family, and a pleasure to do with. It was a great deal, I would do it again today and I'm sure they would too."
>>
I had a rather good shit.
Even if nothing is valuable in it, I enjoyed shitting out post-digested food material.
>>
>>8747155
I'm currently reading The Disaster Artist, and while it would probably still be good if it was fiction, just knowing that Tommy Wiseau is an actual person makes it all the more outlandish. You have to keep reading more because how in the blue fuck could a dude like this exist in real life, there are so many questions. If he was just a fictional character it wouldn't have the same impact.
>>
It's most valuable for a few concepts in deal making presented in it, things like thinking past the sale and making outlandish demands so compromises always get down to what you really wanted in the first place.

Thinking past the sale is probably what was used most effectively by both candidates in this election, Hillary had been styling herself as an inevitability since 2014 while Trump was having his wife plagiarize the first lady so that people would begin to associate her with being the first lady (therefore, Trump is the president.)
>>
File: The Art of the Deal.png (296KB, 500x775px) Image search: [Google]
The Art of the Deal.png
296KB, 500x775px
>>8747149
*fixed
>>
File: art of the deal.png (727KB, 499x766px) Image search: [Google]
art of the deal.png
727KB, 499x766px
>>8747915

That's the old version
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.