[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendly Reminder that it took James Joyce 9 years to get Dubliners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: friendly.jpg (42KB, 246x189px) Image search: [Google]
friendly.jpg
42KB, 246x189px
>>
Friendly reminder that your novel is still going to be shit in 2025
>>
>>8746959
i bet someone told joyce something like that
>>
Difference is he had a cute younger wife to sodomize at his leisure and a steady job working alongside his loyal brother in the warm climes of Italy. Meanwhile I'm a NEET living in his damp second-hand Volvo shivering in the showers of a local swimming pool each morning before spending my day in the library trying to write and read and stave off the depression that will undoubtedly claim my life by the end of this year.
>>
>>8746955
This might be the first time I've seen a friendly reminder on 4chan that's actually friendly

What's happening man
>>
>>8747292
Except he had a daily job and had to deal with children. You're literally being fed by your mother with access to all the world's knowledge on the internet and 24/7 free time.

No excuse.
>>
joyce was also a bad writer and if you showed shakespeare ulysses he would lmao :(
>>
>>8747296
WE WENT TOO FAR INTO THE DEPTHS AN' IT TURN'D US A RIGHT ROUND
>>
>>8747307
he just said he's living in his car and takes showers at the local pool
>>
>>8747307
He had a part-time job you fucking retarded normie.
>>
File: 1477216177530.png (425KB, 478x696px) Image search: [Google]
1477216177530.png
425KB, 478x696px
Haruki Murakami wrote Hear The Wind Sing, submitted his only physical copy and was called and told his work was being considered 9 months after he'd sent it in. Gunzo went on to publish him and now he's a dreamy memelord.

PURE LUCK.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.