[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Friend asks for a book suggestion What do you tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1477619119475.jpg (1MB, 1601x850px) Image search: [Google]
1477619119475.jpg
1MB, 1601x850px
>Friend asks for a book suggestion

What do you tell them to read, /lit/?
>>
>>8745631
Depends on who he is and what he wants to read. Some books are universal though. Tell him to read The Old Man and the Sea.
>>
>>8745631
Infinite Jest so I have someone that isn't an anon on /lit/ to talk about it with
>>
>>8745639
>Implying it's a "he"
The spooks are strong with you
>>
>>8745631
Depends on what they've read and if they are looking for a particular genre.
>>
Siddhartha or Cannery Row. Both are classics but also easy, accessible reads that won't turn off the average pleb.
>>
>>8745631
catch 22 or herman hesse
>>
>>8745631
My diary, desu.
>>
>>8745724
I usually recommend Cannery Row or Slaughterhouse-Five to nonreader friends who ask me for a good book to read. Both go over pretty well most of the time.

Good call on Siddhartha too.
>>
Trump's son and John Lennon in that photo?
>>
>>8745631
Anything writen by our god, John Green.
>>
>>8745702
Did "you" just assume it(?)'s position regarding the existence of other intelligent beings?
>>
>>8745702
Until English comes up with a gender-indifferent set of pronouns I will default to he, since I am a he.
>>
>>8747268
They don't have gender neutral pronouns? They have such a stupid language. They should be shot for their lack of gender neutral pronouns.
>>
>>8747313
Gender neutral pronouns that aren't retarded. They is generally plural. I guess I could start using xe, xer, xim, ect. but I'd probably be laughed out of this board.
>>
>>8745642
Do you think you could get someone to read through a book that long?
>>
lmaoi why these /lit/ faggots recommend the same things over and over again? Talk about echo chambers. GET FUCKED
>>
>>8745702
you tried too hard
>>
>>8745631
any normie book like Murakami
>>
Something pretentious, then make a comment afterwards saying "heh, you probably wouldn't like it" then offer an alternative.
>>
File: Glögi.jpg (42KB, 640x287px) Image search: [Google]
Glögi.jpg
42KB, 640x287px
Alastalon salissa, since there is not a single millennial who would have read it and would like to discuss Kilpi
>>
>>8748360

>wasting a whole cinnamon stick on a single cup
>>
>>8745631
normally borges if they havent read any yet. if they have, maybe calvino or mein kampf
>>
>>8748437
If the glögi is boiled too much I would do that

Bitter glögi is disgusting man
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.