[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who decides what's rational and what isn't in the abstract

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1478986443313.jpg (219KB, 1280x1109px) Image search: [Google]
1478986443313.jpg
219KB, 1280x1109px
Who decides what's rational and what isn't in the abstract world
When is a generalization fair, when is it fair to dismiss a generalization
How do I get as many people (non idiots) as possible to agree with me rationally on something and see things the way I do without resorting to sophistry/trumpisms

And what's the best book I can read on this type of meta stuff?

namedropping welcome
>>
>>8744240

Zizek and Aristotle
>>
>>8744240
>How do I get as many people (non idiots) as possible to agree with me rationally on something and see things the way I do without resorting to sophistry/trumpisms
Be attractive and charismatic
>>
>>8744240
I think if a generalisation is, for the most part, true, then it's fair, but I don't think a generalisation can be COMPLETELY true so in most cases can be dismissed. I'm from /k/, so I find it easiest to explain things by using firearms.

>"The AK is very reliable."
This is a fair and accurate generalisation.

>"The AK never jams."
While malfunctions in an AK are practically so rare that you might feel like posing with it for a photo just to prove you've experienced one, AKs can, have, and WILL malfunction in time. Murphy's Law: Anything that CAN go wrong, WILL. The same goes for Glocks. Very reliable, but they are not incapable of malfunctions.

>"SJWs are pansy assed little pricks who need to tone down their political correctness, racism (yes, racism against whites is still racism), and should look up their facts before protesting against COPS for blacks getting killed."
Hah, well, while I believe it's a fair and accurate generalisation, but there ARE some SJWs out there who, while they have been brainwashed with the typical SJW/PC/BLM rhetoric, they ARE open to hearing out people who are level headed and knowledgeable. They are willing to step away from the dark side if they can be convinced of the facts, which isn't too difficult. However, with a little twist...
>"Most SJWs are pansy assed little pricks who... etc."
I would say this is a completely fair and factual statement, because while not ALL SJWs are fucked, MOST of them are, and sadly Colleges who bend over backwards for safe spaces and trigger warnings and what not are only making it worse.

Anyways, that's my take on the matter...
>>
>>8744283
>>8744283
good post
>>
>>8744312
Thanks, drop by /k/ anytime if you ever have any particular questions about firearms. Generally newcomers to /k/ are treated pretty well, with any genuine questions being answered honestly and fairly. If you end up getting a lot of lip and attitude, it was probably just bad luck; try showing up at night. Day/k/are can be a pretty unpleasant place sometimes, though not always. Cheers!
>>
>>8744328
>newcomers to /k/ are treated pretty well,
Please stop spreading these lies
>>
>>8744345
I've been in many threads created by people who are clearly not /k/ommandos and just want a question or two answered, or something explained. From what I've seen, if anyone gives attitude, there are people who will try to straighten out the prick, and often times OP ends up leaving with a comment such as "Alright, thanks, you guys have been helpful!" or "Wow, /k/ is more helpful than I expected, thanks a lot!" without being ironic or sarcastic in the least.

Yeah there's the whole 'now git out' meme, but it's more or less just that, a meme. One guy gave a brief answer to a question to someone who said they were new, and then says "now get the fuck out". The one who posed the question was all "What? But why?" or something like that. Wasn't long before a few people replied to him saying that it was a joke, and a poorly given one. "It's actually supposed to be 'git' rather than 'get', and it's just 'now git out' rather than 'now get the fuck out'. Lurk more."

So yeah, there are indeed pricks on /k/, just like any other board, but I believe that they're generally fairly agreeable. Go ahead; try starting a thread in /k/. Let's see... Google 'AK-47', save one of the pics, and start a thread asking if it's an RPK. Though it would be pretty stupid to mistake an old AK-47 for an AKs-74u, so if you ask if it's an AKs-74u, then yeah, you'll probably be get equal parts ridicule and explanation... or possibly more ridicule. Pose a fair question though and you should more or less get sorted out with answers pretty quickly.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.