[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

END OF '16 - 2017 READING LIST DEC: The Fall, Notes from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

END OF '16 - 2017 READING LIST

DEC: The Fall, Notes from the Underground
JAN: The Iliad, The Odyssey
FEB: The Castle, Journey to the End of the Night
MAR: Absalom, Absalom!, Invisible Man
APR: Sabbath's Theater
MAY: No Longer Human, Stoner
JUN: The Idiot
JUL: The Gulag Archipelago
AUG: Civilization and its Discontents, The Archetypes and The Collective Unconscious
SEP: Suttree
OCT: Hamlet
NOV: The Aeneid
DEC: Moby-Dick

A-am I gonna make it?
>>
>>8744107
Congratulations you have read many books this year.
>>
>Two books per month
>Some months one book
O-o-ok.
>>
>>8744107
>Civilization and its Discontents
>The Archetypes and The Collective Unconscious
Which one was the best? Why?
>>
>>8744107
What did you think of Absalom?
>>
>>8744151
>>8744167
>>8744176

ITT: Reading comprehension
>>
>>8744218
t. "stay on topic" autist
>>
>>8744349
It's literally a thread about what OP is *going to* read, not what he's already read. That's literally what "END OF '16-2017 READING LIST" implies.
>>
>>8744107

END OF '16 - 2017 READING LIST

DEC-DEC: Kant, Scopenhauer, Hegel
>>
>>8744403
Oh shit, you're right. My sincere apologies.

Posting some stuff I want to read next year.

To finish:
The 33 Strategies of War
Human Action
A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

Backlog:
The Idiot
The Karamazov Brothers
Ulysses
Tao Te Ching
Story of the Eye
Biocentrism: How Life and Consciousness Are the Keys to Understanding the True Nature of the Universe
Blacklisted by History
Hold On to Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers
Pre-Suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade
The Manipulated Man

Add to this some more Jung and some more programming textbooks.
>>
>>8744403

Thanks anon. I've been mulling over how I could've been more clear in my OP. Glad to know that /lit/ isn't so "lit" afterall :^}

Posting because I would like suggestions. Anything I should take off/put on the list. Is it reasonable to assume that I'll be able to pull it off?
>>
>>8744435

OP here...also trying to learn to code this year as well. Getting my feet wet with HTML/CSS. Any tips? Need a fallback in case this whole "English major" thing doesn't pay out.
>>
>>8744482
HTML/CSS is not really programming as it is more of a declarative language than a programming language.

For tips, go on Coursera, take some courses that you find interesting. Focus on building a portfolio. Maybe get a wordpress to mess around web dev and pulgins. Good luck.

Also I think that you already have enough books to start the year safely.
For December, you have two very short books (<300 pages in total). Maybe add something, or prepare to start The Iliad earlier.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.