[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How are your ebook sales this month /lit/? I am just about hitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: damn.png (90KB, 1668x614px) Image search: [Google]
damn.png
90KB, 1668x614px
How are your ebook sales this month /lit/? I am just about hitting $500 as you can see. Wait. You do self publish right?

FACT: If you ain't publishing one book a month you are fucking up. Your competition are publishing one book a month.

FACT: Aint no time to be a perfectionist. Your competition are not perfectionists. The millions of soccer moms buying books could not care less.

FACT: By the time you finish, agent query your book, fail, and get around to self publishing, I will have twelve more books on the market, while you will have one.
>>
>>8742838

Fact: You should hang yourself
>>
cool. whats your book
>>
>>8742838
if this is what literature has become I think I'll pass
>>
>>8742838
Aside from your contempt for quality, I can agree very much with
>By the time you finish, agent query your book, fail, and get around to self publishing...
I hear more and more often that _successful_ self-publishers are getting queried by agents/publishers, which turn into real book deals. It makes sense, provided you aren't just shitting out total garbage.
>>
>>8742849
this isnt about literature, its about throwing something together for them dollar dollar bills.
>>
>>8742856
>Why not both?
>>
>>8742859
if you dont think they are mutually exclusive in the current year i have some bad news for you desu
>>
>>8742863
This sounds like lazy cynicism and I will not let it compromise my dedication to craft, tempered by the demands of the market.
>>
>>8742872
neat. are you op? if youre so dedicated to your craft you wouldnt mind showing us your book instead of jerking yourself off over babbys first profit
>>
>>8742901
Not OP
Too busy shitposting and jerking off to pics of ur mum to post current work and be trolled in this thread.
Also, I'm already receiving (modest) royalty checks from previous works.
>>
>>8742917
its ok. just reinforces my belief that anyone who is making money off their writing is just appealing to the lowest denominator and writing cheap pop pulp crap. id be embarrassed to post something like that here also
>>
File: Nerds.jpg (96KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
Nerds.jpg
96KB, 800x599px
>>8742928
>reinforces my belief in not even trying because these plebs would never compensate me for my genius
>>
>>8742943
not even remotely close to what i said.
>>
>>8742947
>hurr durr I suck so much cock I sprained both my lateral pterygoids and now I can't chew solid food.
This is literally what you just said. Get over yourself.
>>
It used to be that authors would write their novels in a monthly or weekly format, a serial.
Most of those authors are forgotten. Not everybody is a Dickens or a Dumas.
>>
Guys this faggot is lying about everything he said. There is no way in fuck he made 500 dollars in a month selling his shitty yu gi oh fanfiction
>>
>>8742838

Why would anyone pay for ebooks when there are tons of free stories on literotica?

I don't know OP I just never get around to it. Typing one book a month would be a lot of work and I'm scared about the lads finding out.
>>
>>8743097
yeah, yugioh fanfics sell way more than that
>>8743135
There are plenty of sites where authors post their work for free then sell the ebook they make of that work on amazon. It sells, I've seen countless amounts of authors like that in the genre fiction category.
For literary stuff, I think it's an even better deal because no one wants to publish your stuff until its a proven success. So if it's decent and sells online, you could get published because of that, and reach the 36% of people who still read only print books.
Who are probably old bastards anyways. Congratulations?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.