[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many novels are your 'writing' at the moment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: k-man.jpg (18KB, 294x292px) Image search: [Google]
k-man.jpg
18KB, 294x292px
How many novels are your 'writing' at the moment?

I'm currently writing one mainly, have another one on the backburner that I write to decompress from writing the other one, as well as three more that I intend to go back to at some point. I have about 10 novels that I made a decent amount of progress on before abandoning as well.

Never finished one shaking my head to be honest family
>>
I always write one, and edit the last one I wrote simultaneously.
>>
writing an epic, a play, two novels

They are going okay.
>>
>>8738859
One novel with a quasi sequel planned. I work on a lot of culture essays too.
>>
One novel and one collection of short stories.

I write a few pages of the novel, then get completely frustrated and then write a short story to regain motivation.
>>
>>8738854
working on a short story collection right now. just finished my first real one.
>>
>>8738854

Complete: 8
Nearly finished: 1
Drafts: 9
>>
>>8738854
Two thousand five hundred and seventy nine. Number one hundred and fifty six is looking promising.
>>
I have 6 books to write. Only problem is, I suck at writing :)
>>
Just started my first. Some horror fiction about Aliens that begin fucking with a OEF Veteran who is having none of their shit.
Any advice?
>>
>>8738854
I'm circulating around three ideas mostly.
I have some short stories completely done and i'd need to do more to do a collection of them; but as i haven't published anything yet, i'm thinking a novel has more chances than short stories.
I just need to find out which one to start with.
>>
>>8739806
Don't write it
>>
>>8739806
Look which publishers could fit with your project. There's no point writing something if you don't see any publishing this type of stories.

Also read what others do in this genre. Not to copy but to see who would be around you.

Apart from that, i'd say try to find your own take on Aliens and make it specific and descriptive enough that we feel like we're in there.
>>
>>8739879
Thank you. Im not sure how I want to describe them but I do live in a rural area with lots of wildlife that could potentially kill you. I try as often as possible to take walks late at night in order to accurately describe my surroundings and the feeling when you know that you're not alone.
>>
>>8739894
Yeah that may serve you. But i think it's also important to imagine yourself in the situation.
>>
>>8739898
Ill do my best anon
>>
>>8739806
Treat it as a practise novel. Then write a few more. Eventually you might have something worth publishing. Don't pin all your hopes on one idea but make sure you follow through.
>>
>>8739910
Surprisingly at the age of 25, I have the imagination of a 12 year old so this has already been on my mind. I'm notorious for starting twenty different projects at once when I should be focusing on one though and I think this may be my biggest problem besides actually putting words on paper.
>>
>>8739915
That is my problem too. It all sounds so good in my mind before i start to write it and get in the real thing...i learned that frustration is a part of the process, but i also don't have the real discipline to stick to it on a daily basis.
>>
>>8739919
I was going pretty strong for the first week but the screen of my laptop broke so now I have to wait a week until the replacement screen comes in the mail. Luckily I have chromebook as back up so I can continue to shitpost and continue to write. Will have to send new content to my email to store it for now though.
>>
>>8739928
pen and paper always work too lol
>>
>>8739932
True but I type alot faster than I write.
>>
>>8739806
Sounds like you're writing a B Movie Plot
>>
Working on 1, its the only thing iv tried to write, going pretty well so far
>>
>>8739950
Probably but ill link you guys the published copy and you guys can shred it within the first 10 pages lol
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.