[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That feeling when you read to get more knowledgeable but forget

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: 4339dkwo8.jpg (8KB, 249x203px) Image search: [Google]
4339dkwo8.jpg
8KB, 249x203px
That feeling when you read to get more knowledgeable but forget what whole books were about, or have false memories about, or cannot even explain what you've read
>>
better diet
I live off chips, soda, and gummi bears and I can't remember a damn thing.
>>
>>8736912
What is the /lit/ diet?
>>
>>8736912
>>8736948
OP here, my diet is very Mediterranean, but with lots of teas and dark chocolate.
And I eat meat only as a luxery item, so once in a while some fish or chicken.

>>topic
I can rationalize that the books I hardly remember or not at all, weren't worth remembering anyway

Not sure what to think of the false memories and lack of being able to explain what I've read.
>>
>>8736909
Stick with it (OP) the more you read the more you will be able to retain. Your memory will improve, if it's something you think is important you could re-read it.
>>
>>8736909
>get more knowledgeable
what you should really want though is more wisdom. pseuds have rote memory of facts/passages

>but forget what whole books were about
you could write your own personal notes per chapter/book for reference and posterity

>cannot even explain what you've read
slow down and digest. it's not a race. some books could be read over and over your entire lifetime and you will still absorb something new
>>
File: 1464561654295.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464561654295.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>8736912

>tfw your diet was so bad you started having symptoms of diabetes
>>
File: 340-pseud-face.jpg (43KB, 340x155px) Image search: [Google]
340-pseud-face.jpg
43KB, 340x155px
>>8738452
Wow thanks maybe one day I will become unpseuded
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.