[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a famous writer with a name that is difficult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Has there ever been a famous writer with a name that is difficult to pronounce?

For speakers of his language, I mean.
>>
>>8736627
>famous
I was going to say my diary but then I saw this word, so I am not replying with "my diary desu".
>>
>>8736627
>Name that's hard to pronounce
>For people who spoke his language

No, but you'll find some american authors whose names are constantly mispronounced since they are of foreign origin.
>>
File: the-holy-bible.jpg (46KB, 567x567px) Image search: [Google]
the-holy-bible.jpg
46KB, 567x567px
>>8736627
Yes.
It was even forbidden to pronounce it.
>>
>>8736627

I was going to say Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi but then I saw the second sentence. Now I'm just posting because it's a buzzy name. Buzz buzz.
>>
Some German people have problems saying Nietzsche, I don't know why.
>>
>>8736716
Even by virtue of my descent, I am granted an eye beyond all merely local, merely nationally conditioned perspectives; it is not difficult for me to be a "good European." On the other hand, I am perhaps more German than present-day Germans, mere citizens of the German Reich, could possibly be-I, the last anti-political German. And yet my ancestors were Polish noblemen: I have many racial instincts in my body from that source-who knows? [...] When I consider how often I am addressed as a Pole when I travel, even by Poles themselves, and how rarely I am taken for a German, it might seem that I have been merely externally sprinkled with what is German.

I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood.
>>
>>8736646
None of God's names are difficult to pronounce (for the original Hebrew speakers who knew how to)
Also I'm pretty sure it's more of a modern development to not speak the name of God
>>
>>8736716
totally not true
>>
>>8736627
Thommyboy Pinchladie
>>
You guys are awful at this.

>Weöres Sándor
>>
File: 23-thomas-pynchon-2.w245.h368.jpg (29KB, 245x368px) Image search: [Google]
23-thomas-pynchon-2.w245.h368.jpg
29KB, 245x368px
>>8737566
thomas pension
>>
karl ove knausgård has problems pronouncing his own name
>>
>>8736922
This is literally the same shit weebs and SJWs try to pull with oriental or native-american lineages.

I do it myself with the celts, tbqh
>>
File: moskimoj.jpg (98KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
moskimoj.jpg
98KB, 595x842px
I didn't know the proper spelling of my own name til I was 15.
>>
>>8737868
My middle name is Gaertner. Until I was 13 I wrote it Guertner. To date I normally don't use my middle name.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.