[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should I begin with continental phillosophy, /lit/? I&

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Edmund_Husserl_1910s.jpg (506KB, 712x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Edmund_Husserl_1910s.jpg
506KB, 712x1024px
Where should I begin with continental phillosophy, /lit/? I've never read a phillosophy text in my life. Should I unironically start at the greeks? Is this a good reading list?

>inb4 goodreads

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/72071.Essential_Continental_Philosophy
>>
>>8734376
lol its all shit unfalsifiable nonsense real men use rationality and logic and use analytical philosophy and SCIENCE bet you think marx was right when in reality he was a cuck who was intent on destroying whiteness, remember that continentals include freud and we all know wat he did to the world to destroy it, all you really need is a good grasp on what words mean and facts, and science and rationality and logic will give you that in analyitcal philosohy
>>
>>8734376
Yes.
>>
>>8734413
Fuck off /pol/
>>8734427
As in, to start at the greeks?
>>
>>8734449
Absolutely, at least Plato and Aristotle.
>>
>>8734449
Start with Plato and Aristotle, those are the only Greeks you really need to read to then understand philosophy going onward - not saying other Greek philosophers weren't good, but those two are the only ones you need to read to then be able to understand the later continental philosophers.

Understand that with these two, there began a large divide between the rationalists and the empiricists, and continental philosophy was often focused on trying to reconcile the two. That's all really, enjoy.
>>
>>8734474
Thanks! What should I read from Plato and Aristotle?
I believe I've read that continental phillosophy draws a lot from Kant, because he attempts to close the gap between rationalists and empiricists as well. Shoud I also read his work? Is Plato and Aristotle enought to tackle him?
>>
That list is pretty unstructured desu
>>
File: aristotle.png (76KB, 1061x670px) Image search: [Google]
aristotle.png
76KB, 1061x670px
>>8734505
>>
>>8734550
Thank you
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.