[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell is going on in the trial scene of kafka's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 71xqWlWJ0+L.jpg (133KB, 884x1374px) Image search: [Google]
71xqWlWJ0+L.jpg
133KB, 884x1374px
Okay, so you know that part of the book where he gets to the fifth story of the building, and he starts talking to the "fat little man" on the bench, and he says he's here out of compassion, he picks up the inspector's book and handles it saying it disgusts him, there's the two crowds one of which he feels he speaks what they're thinking (the silent side), there's the women who walks through the door who was just washing diapers when he walked in and she locked the door behind him? I'm just sitting here thinking, okay, this is the weirdest fucking thing I've ever read, and I need someone to explain this to me. It's just so absurd and dream like, I have a hard time going forward and just leaving these incredibly bizarre loose ends untied. Maybe he'll clear up what all of this means? No spoilers please, I'm only on page 46.
>>
>>8731686
call me pleb, but i just couldn't finish it, it was unbearable
>>
>>8731686
You just have to imagine it with an Eraserhead type of atmosphere.
>>
>>8731686
That's Kafka's signature style, it's uneasy and paranoid, shit will only get weirder in the rest of the novel. I do think that you really can't translate Kafka without compromising his command over the language.
>>
>>8731806
Pleb
>>
Just think of it as an absurd comedy. Makes much more sense.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.