[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://youtu.be/vLkaaPzu9jg >see above link >Professor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1464677167641.png (9KB, 362x358px) Image search: [Google]
1464677167641.png
9KB, 362x358px
https://youtu.be/vLkaaPzu9jg

>see above link
>Professor of philosophy is spouting some broad brush illogical nonsense

How the fuck can ANYONE take the academia-media-publishing industrial complex seriously any longer? Not just this video but reams of acclaimed people line up to talk shit and either prove themselves idiots or look like they're aiming their arguments at some hypothetical idiot that I'm not sure exists.

Why am I supposed to pretend that some Soho condo dwelling latte sipping liberal arts degree holder's latest short story collection contains profound philosophical truths and enlightenment and is entertaining as well?
>>
File: tumblr_m6pshh2jEZ1qcl8ymo1_1280.jpg (187KB, 1080x874px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6pshh2jEZ1qcl8ymo1_1280.jpg
187KB, 1080x874px
Don't read continental philosophy. Join the Analytic cult today.
>>
>Anglo Philosophy professors

Worthless.
>>
>>8731428
Such fucking garbage. I hate how these words are used like buzzwords and have lost all meaning:

>rhetoric
>rights
>democracy
>philosophy
>concern

Also I hate how all these "great thinkers" just insult and judge without ever creating anything in addition of their own.
>>
>sheffield
>>
>>8731465

Look at her Wikipedia page. Bachelors and PhD from Cambridge, with awards. But just like every other humanities and arts academic, she is most likely intellectually bankrupt.
>>
>>8731428
BBC News is state propaganda.
- t. Englishman
>>
Why is what she is saying illogical.

It's not exactly profound and about as superficial as you can get, but i don't see it as illogical.
>>
>>8731428
>Democracy and liberalism are not the same thing
Great start common sense
>Follows with autism
Fuck
>>
Show me a real intellectual.
>>
>>8731506
>Donald Trump will not remain popular if he does the things he said which made him popular and won him an election
Leftists really do need to be rounded up and put into camps so they can't endanger themselves or others.
>>
File: 1471111504034.jpg (4KB, 125x125px)
1471111504034.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>female

What the fuck were you guys expecting? I'd fuck that old redhead until she was pounded into dust, not listen to her female bullshit.
>>
>>8731914
>>>/w/orldstarhiphop
>>
>>8731733
behold me and tremble mortal
>>
File: 1431812848511.gif (10KB, 279x305px)
1431812848511.gif
10KB, 279x305px
>>8731428
We're reaching spook levels that shouldn't even be possible
>>
I want these people to stop talking.

Self-sucking morons.
>>8731442
ANAL=y=autistICS is the same crap.
>>
>>8731461
>Also I hate how all these "great thinkers" just insult and judge without ever creating anything in addition of their own.
This is possibly the greatest fault of our times, and why no good lit/philosophy is being published today.
Unless of course there are autists out there who are geniuses and will get published/become famous posthumously.
>>
>>8731442
w2c that siq chess set faM?
>>
>>8731428
>spouting some broad brush illogical nonsense

>the academia-media-publishing industrial complex

Really makes you think
>>
>>8731442
You retard, that woman is speaking from the Analytic tradition. They have by far the most juvenile and useless political theory
>>
>>8731428

>academia-media-publishing industrial complex

Thank you so much for posting again! Maybe you remember me. I was the guy who was inspired by your relentless shitposting to reconnect with old friends. Browsing /lit/, and seeing your term of art again and again coupled with the frogposting made me realize I was wasting my days.

And here I am, about to fall into old habits, and in cosmic synchronicity, what do I see? Thanks man.

I'm out.
>>
>>8732877
Atleast he's not ripping on the classics this time...
>>
She really makes me think
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.