[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To the depressed anon in the deleted thread, I don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1467839874435.jpg (498KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1467839874435.jpg
498KB, 1680x1050px
To the depressed anon in the deleted thread, I don't know if you'll see this but it's worth trying.

>>8730860
It's okay anon. There are some good people you can talk to, but for me it pretty much was just a weekly meeting where I would vent and they would listen. It gave me at least one day every week that I looked forward to.

They gave me some good advice about trying to focus on positive things and being productive but in the end it was up to me to make it better. The anti-depressants also didn't magically make things better. The only real effect they had was reducing my emotional range, so instead of being miserable I was more apathetic. I'm sorry but I don't remember the names of the anti-depressants.

Eventually when I felt that my daily life was just kind of boring and not awful, I decided to reduce the dosage over a period of 3 months and then eventually stop. This then unlocked my emotional range again, and even though it was sometimes worse it allowed me to occationally be very happy.

I suggest you to keep on searching. If you're really miserable then try the pills, if they don't help after a few months then switch to other pills. If you have any friends or family that cares about you then stay in contact with them and make regular plans to see them.

Good luck anon. It might take a while but it's not impossible to get better.
>>
Thanks
Mods are fags
>>
>>8730940
>The anti-depressants also didn't magically make things better. The only real effect they had was reducing my emotional range
this is why you shouldn't use anti-depressants, they might make your lows less low but your highs become less high aswell
>>
>>8731066
Kinda bullshit

In my personal experience I had no highs to be stunted, it was just lows. I was a complete mess incapable of doing anything. Pills we very useful at the start just to keep me more stable so I could start getting my shit together.

But yes, it's not something you want to take for the rest of your life. Like OP I am starting to cut down now my life is boring and not so awful.
>>
>>8731066
When im on my lowest lows I feel like my chest has been ripped wide open and I keep bleeding and bleeding and my mind just doesnt work is like being asleep while awake
And I dont remember the last time I had a "high"
Are you sure I shouldnt be taking them? Are they really that bad?
>>
This is probably really dumb, and it has nothing to do with literature, but are there any good non-prescription antidepressants? I can't go to the doctor because I don't want my family to know how bad it is.
>>
>>8731093
Why would family know?
>>
>>8731093
Maybe, people here sometimes talk of St. John's Wort, which you don't need a description for. Apparently it has some legit science behind it and is sometimes used to tread mild depression.

Why would your family know about it if you went to the doctor? Just say you have a private issue, they will assume it is your dick but they probably won't ask questions.
>>
>>8731130
>description
you know what I meant
>>
/mdd/ (mejor depressive disorder) when?
>>
>>8731086
It's specifically cases like yours where pills are useful. It's just that your case is rare compared to the amount of people who think they should take anti-depressants.

Go for it, just remember that the first month will most likely be even worse than how you're feeling now.
>>
>>8731192
Yeah I tried zoloft for 2 days, 100mg each, first day was great, the second one was hell.
>>
>>8731226
Not all pills will be good for you but you won't know for sure unless you're on them for at least a few weeks. All of them will be awful in the beginning, so you just need to push through it.
>>
>>8731226

They don't even kick in that early. You have to take them for longer >>8731233
>>
>>8731247
Yeah I know but it seems like I had a weird, isolated reaction to them
I like how everyone in /lit/ has experiencie with anti-depressants lmao
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.