[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favourite book you've read this year so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1468528164389.jpg (35KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1468528164389.jpg
35KB, 500x334px
What's your favourite book you've read this year so far?

I read both Don Quixote (a genuine joy and pleasure until he dies, then it was heartbreaking, especially Sancho's final words to Don Quixote, expressing how he should get out of bed and they should go on adventures as shepherds and Moby Dick and now I don't know how I can exist anymore.
>>
King Lear probably

but Interviews with Hideous Men gave me the biggest boner so that deserves an honorable mention
>>
>>8729856
Mason & Dixon. The ending (and just the fact that it was over) depressed the hell out of me.
>>
War and War by Laszlo Krasznahorkai, one of the strangest books I've ever read. I can safely say I didn't understand at least half of it and what the fuck was even happening with the manuscript frame narrative thing but by the end it made me feel like absolute shit. It was so painful to read for me that I would find any excuse not to pick it up and read it so I read like 3 other books simultaneously before I could finish it. Also >Looking for the website on the internet and realising everything he did or suffered through, his great work, his death, his legacy, all went to shit
>>
I'm so accustomed to spoilers being used ironically to hide memes that I often open them without realising that people also use them to hide spoilers.
>>
File: 1471321693446.png (405KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1471321693446.png
405KB, 550x550px
>>8729856
>look at spoilers out of habit and because they're almost always shitposts
>spoil the ending of Don Quixote, while being about 810 pages in
>>
>>8730681
That's kinda on you, buddy.
>>
>>8729856
Same, OP. Nearly cried by the end of Don Quixote. It's so much fun and generally hilarious how he mistakes things like inns as castles, yet it slowly becomes tragic with every misfortune and misasventure.

Plus, the book has the most fascinating digressions (book 1 has plenty of characters expressing their backstories and even a novella)
>>
File: 1473556371360.jpg (2MB, 5072x2904px) Image search: [Google]
1473556371360.jpg
2MB, 5072x2904px
I haven't read very many books this year, and I'm sorry for that.
My favourite out of the ones I have read must be Pestkungens Legend by Lars Andersson or Rime of the Ancient Mariner.
>>
>he doesnt read the wikipedia synopsis before reading the book
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.