[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Metro books any good? A friend of mine is trying to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Are the Metro books any good? A friend of mine is trying to get me into the series but I'm not sure if they're good or not.
I don't want to waste my time on garbage.
>>
Read one and find out.
>>
>>8728957
It is garbage, I bet your friend is a pro shit consumer.
>>
>Genre fiction
>Not garbage

Pick one.
>>
>>8729565
>Your post
>Informed opinion

Pick one.

Metro 2033 is shit, but so are you.
>>
I read the first one at midnight in storm season, was very comfy and enjoyable. I was into stalker at the time so there's that. I liked the idea of the fear of expansion, with radiation and monsters around every corner, and the very small space of the railway containing so many people and conflictive factions.
You should read it if you're like me and enjoy the style or atmosphere of the setting.
>>
>>8728957
I liked the first book, which I read pretty much only because of the game.
>>
>>8728957
The first one is good. Filled with brooding slavic mysticism. I've heard the second is not.

Never played the game.
>>
>>8729731
I actually want to read the second book in german, should i still do it or is it a waste of time?
>>
>>8729731

Read the first and the second one. The First really had a vibe to it, definitely one of the better books in the genre imo. I'd say perfect for a short train ride or something like that to kill some time, but don't expect an epiphany after finishing it.
Second book wasn't nearly as good as the first one and disappointed me. Wouldn't bother with that one.

>>8729741

I read the second one in English, but flipped through a few pages in a German edition. No big difference there. Language is not the problem regarding that book.
>>
>>8728957
use the fucking archive
>>
>>8730063
of all the recurring threads you had to post in this one. are you autistic? do you get triggered by genre fiction?
>>
>>8728957
Greatest Russian book ever written
>>
Concerned my brain doesn't have a powerful enough graphics card to read it.
>>
>>8728957
I read both. First one is great in my opinion, second one not so much. It's interesting enough if you want to find out what happened to one of the major characters of the first book though, but he barely says anything useful throughout the entire book. Might as well read a summary of the second book and you'll get the same experience.
>>8730132
"No"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.