[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone on here ever bought a box of books from Books By The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: bGWEINs.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
bGWEINs.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Anyone on here ever bought a box of books from Books By The Foot? How was your experience, and what did you get?

If you don't know what it is, it's this company that sends you a box of books for a flat rate: it's $16.99 for genre fiction shit, but you can choose other subjects like 'classics,' and 'sci-fi' for $13 extra. Is this a good idea to spend some pocket money on? $29 + S&H sounds like a pretty good deal for a box that contains ~75 books.

http://www.booksbythefoot.com/shop/pc/Boxed-Books-by-Subject-17p150.htm
>>
What's he going to do when the books start falling off?
>>
That looks like a fire hazard
>>
Sounds fun. The unboxing would make for a good thread.
>>
bump lemme get dat sci fi
>>
>>8728604
>>8728611
This autistic fuck didn't think that far ahead.

>>8728614
This company's been doing this for years. How come this has never been talked about on here, given how frugal some of us are? Are these books they send you, unreadable,or something?
>>
>>8728633
>How come this has never been talked about on here, given how frugal some of us are? Are these books they send you, unreadable,or something?
I can't imagine these would be much cheaper than a library sale once you factor in shipping. And you get to choose at a library sale.
>>
>>8728641
I suppose that you do have a point, but the libraries I frequent only have romance novels in their stocks, so I guess it's just a matter of convenience to me. The used bookstores near me overcharge for everything, too.

I might just go ahead and take the plunge, then make a thread about it sometime in the future, for you guys. The not-knowing-what you're-gonna-get aspect of it is pretty enticing.
>>
>>8728589
That picture is giving me anxiety for a reason I can't figure out
It's stressing me the fuck out though what the hell
>>
>>8728749
You're probably claustrophobic.
>>
R E D D I T
E
D
D
I
T
>>
>>8728749
Probably because it's a stupid fucking room. How are they going to keep all those books free from dust, spiders, silverfish, etc?
>>
>>8728778
They're not. The books are going to collect moisture rapidly too through condensation and just fall apart. It's also extremely poorly glued and nailed together. They posted a step-by-step "how we did this" on reddit or imgur I don't know the difference but even they thought it was terrible in every respect.
>>
>>8728796
It's one of those instances where you realize that what you're trying to do is a horrible fucking idea, right in the middle of doing it, so he really only had two choices to make: either to stop immediately, and deal with cleaning up, along with what to do with all the mutilated books; or to see it through to the end, and at least get some karma for it (literally and figuratively).

>>8728778
I've only started to collect books recently, and I haven't come across any silverfish, nor spiders. Are these pests really that common with people who have old books? Or is my collection not large enough?
>>
>>8728828
Just make sure the books are stored in somewhere generally dry, out of direct sunlight and always leave a gap of about an inch between the books and the wall. If they're kept flush they trap moisture which makes a living place for bugs.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.