[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to Tesco buying some bread and milk >decide to pick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: pepe blob dance.gif (48KB, 639x556px) Image search: [Google]
pepe blob dance.gif
48KB, 639x556px
>go to Tesco buying some bread and milk
>decide to pick up a 'Duck in Hoisin Sauce' wrap whilst i'm there
>take a seat on a bench eating it
>take out Ferdyurke (my currently-reading book)
>girl asks if she can sit next to me
>of course she can
>asks what book i'm reading
>tell her and she says she's really into literature
>we start chatting about books and stuff and i ask her what her favourite books are
>she tells me she really likes sci-fi and asks me what i think about it
>i tell her i only read literature
>she looks upset for some reason and asks if i like fantasy
>i tell her fantasy is for people who can't cope with real life and if they actually want escapism they should kill themselves
>she looks even more upset but keeps asking me what i think of her fav books
>i tell her i don't think they're that great but each to their own i guess
>i say i have to leave and she sees me checking the time on my mobile
>she grabs it off of me and puts her name and number in saying 'how about we meet up sometime and we can discuss this in more detail or something'
>walk away
>name in my phone is 'Jenny ;) xxx'
>delete it because i don't think we'd be able to talk about her literature tastes when her favourite books were the ASOIAF series, Enders Game and The Discworld books :/

anyways, can we get a Ferdydurke general?
im really enjoying it so far though i feel most of it is going over my head, this is my first Polish novel and is modernist to the point of absurdism.

i recommend it though i feel it may need a re-read to 'get' everything that's going on.
>>
You could have been a bit more gentle, how is ferdyduke? Also, I think she didn't want to talk but rather get the d. Then you could have manipulated her into reading something that isn't utter shit. What's ferdyduke even about?
>>
>>8726865
0/10 you didn't even try to make this realistic.
>>
It's a hard life, being a pseud.
>>
>>8726887
there are few themes basically
-grown up man who is going back to elementary school - afraid of being adult
-school as a institution whose mission is simplify everything everything, especially peoples there - what could be read as critique of totalitarism and how it controls society given times when it was wrote
-students themselves are in two groups fighting each overs what i see as camouflated "burgouis vs workers" battle. Also there is theme how blind going after ideologies is stupid (also theme of "raping with ideology")
-finally author's rant about how "forms" are blindly followed (digressions to art itself - critique of following forms and established styles of literature, instead of going after substance; and forms in society, how individual is influenced by skin he is wearing at time)
In one word its deeply symbolic and anarchistic
>>
I know this is bait but for some reason if someone says to me they read that and signed the paper with a ";)" I will just go away.
>>
>>8726865
Do people honestly do this? I read on the train every day (that's twice a day for two years), and never has anyone spoken to me about it. (Maybe I'm just ugly desu, more on than in my diary though)

Anyway, I dislike Sci-Fi/Fantasyfags as well but you didn't have to be so mean about it.

>>8726919
Sounds interesting though
>>
>>8726919
Based on the critically acclaimed movie Billy Madison
>>
>>8726945
Post pics
>>
>>8726865
How's the lighting biz going prettier but less slutty san?
>>
>>8726865
I got called a racist in Greggs today.
>>
>>8727913
Or was it yesterday
>>
>>8726865
Work a bit on it and it could have pasta potential
>>
>>8727917
Je ne sais pas
>>
It's funny how people consider speculative fiction to be escapist when really the perfected simulation of reality in supposedly legitimate literature is far more escapist. Like imagine if you actually turned into a giant beatle over night. What would follow would not be a contemplation of humanity and nobility in the face of horrific disruption but rather you'd probably be sick everywhere and then your loving sister would round up a posse to bludgeon you to death. And Lane probably would have left while Franny was in the bathroom.

Also I wonder what the ratio of (OP)'s to (you)'s is on average?
>>
>>8727972
>Like imagine if you actually turned into a giant beatle over night

Well that depends. Do I turn into John, George, Paul, or Ringo? Is my instrument giant, too? If I turn into a giant John Lennon, is Yoko giant as well, or is it like a King Kong and Faye Wray scenario?
>>
>>8726865
>Not reading and appreciating Discworld

it's like you have no reason to live
>>
Hoisin duck wraps are the staple of the sage diet
>>
>>8726865
Things that didnt happen.
>>
>>8727972
The idea is that people who read and are entertained by mere fiction are not as detached from reality as those who read fantasy. Literature takes place in a world most everyone recognizes and thinks about. Fantasy has more "pure imagination." I don't think it's true that fantasy readers are detached from reality, but I've heard the sentiment before.
>>
File: frank-john.jpg (15KB, 435x189px) Image search: [Google]
frank-john.jpg
15KB, 435x189px
>>8727998
Frankenstein's monster one morning awoke from the strangest dream and found himself transformed into an enormous John Lennon.

"I warned you not to eat on an empty stomach" said Ringo.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.