[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you like Orhan Pamuk, /lit/? Haven't you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Orhan_Pamuk_2009_Shankbone.jpg (1MB, 1658x2072px) Image search: [Google]
Orhan_Pamuk_2009_Shankbone.jpg
1MB, 1658x2072px
Why don't you like Orhan Pamuk, /lit/?
Haven't you read his non-fiction?
>>
>>8725227

Because The White Castle was boring and mediocre and even though it was just his first novel there wasn't anything in his prose that encouraged me to read the rest of his books.
>>
>>8725236
Try Snow or again, his memoir.
>>
>>8725227

I really wanted to like him. I read The Black Book, and I found it to be dull and pointless. The premise behind The Museum of Innocence sounded intriguing to me, but the story, characters, etc. didn't at all, and neither it nor anything else of his have compelled me to skip all the other stuff on my to-read list and try him again.
>>
He's a pretentious bitch.

t. turk
>>
>>8725256
If you didn't like the Black Book, you probably won't like My Name is Red, but as I recommended above, you might like Snow or Istanbul: Memories of the City
>>
What other Turkish authors are worth reading? Preferably those who have been translated into English, I don't speak much Turkish.
>>
>>8725267

What do you think of "İnce Memed"?
Is it worth a read?
>>
>>8725274

I haven't seen anything written by Turks that is worth reading.
>>
>>8725279

Not even Selim the Grim's poetry?
>>
File: nesimî.jpg (30KB, 268x320px) Image search: [Google]
nesimî.jpg
30KB, 268x320px
>>8725279
wew
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.