[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start writing >find i'm taking a lot of aspects/ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 98124019.jpg (25KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
98124019.jpg
25KB, 600x512px
>start writing
>find i'm taking a lot of aspects/ideas from other media

Am I creatively bankrupt?
>>
That's how it works. You take a bunch of stuff you saw and mix them together to create something semi-new.
>>
>>8725171
Im doing the same, Im taking inspiration from a particular source but im creating my own story

Its impossible to be 100% original anyway
>>
>>8725185
Pleb as fuck. You are in need of arete, of virtue, of killing y o u r s e l f.
>>
>>8725171
>I want to tell a story. Is it okay if I use some of the communication techniques developed in the last 100 years? Can I use a lighter to make a fire too or do I need to rub two sticks together to gain respect?
>>
File: Untitled.png (119KB, 632x529px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
119KB, 632x529px
>>8725171
depends, how much are you taking? are you as a bankrupt as pic related? if you don't use a well know IP as your base than there is still hope for you.
>>
I think it's pretty normal. Everyone is pretty much an amalgamation of different sources and influences.
>>
>>8725171

That's how it wurks.
>>
>>8725316
>do I need to rub two sticks together to gain respect?
Nah that's creatively bankrupt. Fire, in and of itself, has been done before. Last time I cooked something I slow-cooked it using radio waves and an ingenious array of repeaters, and even then I fear I plagiarized the microwaveâ„¢.
>>
>>8725185
t. Philis C Pseud
>>
File: 1473784228966.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473784228966.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
>>8725171
Read Harold Bloom.
>>
>>8725171
yes you are.
stop consuming anything that is remotely similar to what you wish to create. draw from things that you find interesting not what you wish to recreate.
>>
>>8725171
Is it okay when we label it as a reference/intertextualization, or as a deconstruction instead of working on the same ideia?

References of other works, especially from other mediums, are always so good to stumble on.
>>
>>8725171

"Good" writers just think up their own ideas (even though there probably are no totally new ideas anymore, but at least they thought of it idependantly)

"Bad" writers just steal shit from other shit they saw/read.

Not that it really matters, as bad writers tend to sell more books than good writers anyway.
>>
>>8726425
Probably the clumsiest argument I've read all week, and I spent several hours debating the merits of Chomsky's political views on /pol/.
see >>8726105
>>
>>8725171
nah. cut out ideas you know are taken and think deep and hard on other things. you will come up with your own stuff eventually.
>>
>>8725171
Nothing is original, everything is a copy. A great artist used tools he learned from his reading to create something new, something that expresses something new and distinctly him. A bad artist doesn't have anything to say and not only copies the form of other artists, but also the content.
>>
>>8726431
not an argument
its a claim
>>
>>8727307
claim=assertion=argument. Kill yourself, aspie.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.