[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>“Level-1 or world space is an anthropomorphically scaled,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: nick land.jpg (11KB, 171x266px) Image search: [Google]
nick land.jpg
11KB, 171x266px
>“Level-1 or world space is an anthropomorphically scaled, predominantly vision-configured, massively multi-slotted reality system that is obsolescing very rapidly.

>Garbage time is running out.

>Can what is playing you make it to level-2?”

What did he meme by this?
>>
>>8724947
our bodies are bunch of useless rotting fleshbags, that primarily inhabit and perceive the universe narrowly (in 3D space and by vision, respectively). our conscious needs to find a way to leave our bodies behind before its too late.
>>
>>8724984
Sounds quite gnostic.
>>
>>8724986
praise gnon
>>
>>8724986
Doesn't he espouse Darwinism and materialism as ends in themselves though?
>>
>>8724984

>useless rotting fleshbags

I've never seen a Nick Land writing that goes that shallow with its supposed materialism but I'd be up to be proven wrong with some source of his

>>8725002

no, even his conceptualization of Gnon is fairly deconstructive and dialectic
>>
>“It was the sick and decaying who despised body and earth and invented the heavenly realm [in order to] to escape their own misery… So they sighed: ‘Would that there were heavenly ways to sneak into another state of being and happiness!’ Thus they invented their sneaky ruses and bloody potions. Ungrateful, these people deemed themselves transported from their bodies and this earth”
Thus spoke Zarathustra.
>>
>>8725014
>“All health, beauty, intelligence, and social grace has been teased from a vast butcher’s yard of unbounded carnage, requiring incalculable eons of massacre to draw forth even the subtlest of advantages. This is not only a matter of the bloody grinding mills of selection, either, but also of the innumerable mutational abominations thrown up by the madness of chance, as it pursues its directionless path to some negligible preservable trait, and then — still further — of the unavowable horrors that ‘fitness’ (or sheer survival) itself predominantly entails. We are a minuscule sample of agonized matter, comprising genetic survival monsters, fished from a cosmic ocean of vile mutants, by a pitiless killing machine of infinite appetite. (This is still, perhaps, to put an irresponsibly positive spin on the story, but it should suffice for our purposes here.)”
>>
>>8725019
All biomatter is sick and decaying, dumb Fredposter.
>>
File: nietzscheStrongWeak.jpg (44KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
nietzscheStrongWeak.jpg
44KB, 607x608px
>>8725031
>I want to learn more and more to see as beautiful what is necessary in things; then I shall be one of those who makes things beautiful. Amor fati: let that be my love henceforth! I do not want to wage war against what is ugly. I do not want to accuse; I do not even want to accuse those who accuse. Looking away shall be my only negation. And all in all and on the whole: some day I wish to be only a Yes-sayer.

>The emergence of pessimistic philosophers is in no way the sign of great, terrible states of distress; rather, these question marks about the value of all life are made in times when the refinement and ease of existence make even the inevitable mosquito bites of the soul and the body seem much too bloody and malicious, and the poverty of real experiences of pain makes one tend to consider painful general ideas as already suffering of the highest rank. There is a recipe against pessimistic philosophies and excessive sensitivity, things which seem to me to be the real ‘distress of the present’ – but this recipe may sound too cruel and would itself be counted among the signs that lead people to judge, ‘existence is something evil.’ Well, the recipe against this ‘distress’ is: distress.”
>>
>>8725047
You can't be a yes-sayer while denying sickness and decay.

Read more Fried.
>>
>>8725060
Re-read it, dumb bitch.
>>
>>8725027

source of that is
http://www.xenosystems.net/hell-baked/

tl;dr its a standard NRx evocation of darwinism and says surprisingly little on the actual subject of materialism besides darwinian "Iron Law", if this was the dialectical extent (though it may certainly be a mechanical limit) of Land's view of the universe he probably wouldn't be an occultist

his earlier material on the convergence of technological and biological realms has more insight on that though
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.