[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some quality long books? I'm looking for a long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Crimeandpunishmentcover.png (435KB, 417x640px) Image search: [Google]
Crimeandpunishmentcover.png
435KB, 417x640px
What are some quality long books? I'm looking for a long fiction novel (600+ pages) to read. Something that goes into detail all the events of the story, but not in a tedious way like descriptions of every room the main character enters. Preffered not a book that is memed on here.
>>
>>8724920
best cover
>>
>>8724920
Atlas Shrugged : )
>>
Doctor Zhivago
East of Eden
>>
Don Quixote
The Pickwick Papers
The Brothers Karamazov
>>
>>8724920
Middlemarch
>>
I don't know if "El SueƱo de Justiniano" is translated to English, but is definetly the sort of book that you describe.
Lots of characters having their own way into life while stumbling upon others ocassionally. It's like a better done Game of Thrones.
>>
I just finished don quixote and it was amazing, even at nearly 1k pages I still didn't want it to end
>>
>>8724976
Zhivago is good, though you may, may be getting memed with East of Eden
>>
>>8724920

Les Miserables

>>8724976
>>8725232

After reading The Grapes of Wrath, I didn't think Steinbeck could outdo himself. I'm in the middle of reading East of Eden right now, and I might end up agreeing with Steinbeck that it's his magnum opus.
>>
>>8725241
What do you like about East of Eden? I fucking hated it. Sentimental, overwrought, heavy handed symbolism, boring (and not offering aesthetic qualities that made the boredom worth it), not especially original and revealing little about the human condition, and what it did reveal was done in such an amateur way that it wasn't really worth the effort. Love GoW and OMaM though.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.