[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: normie lit. What is it that draws normies to the same

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: images (2).jpg (38KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
38KB, 512x287px
ITT: normie lit. What is it that draws normies to the same shitty books?
>>
I don't know any normies that have read or heard of Murakami desu.
>>
>>8724833
youre retarded lol murakami is pure normie middlebrow housewife/"hipster college girl"/:indie guy" tier. its what people who read hunger games in high school go on to read in college
>>
>>8724843
>>8724815
You realize the same could be said of this board with shit like Dostoyevsky and Kant?
>>
>>8724843
wew lad you're talking about a /lit/ Top 100 approved author, show some respect.
>>
op, what do you like to read?
>>
>>8724815
this man, in my country he is nothing
>>
>>8724911

I read books that interest me.
>>
>>8724850
Those are reader-normie authors.
Normie-normie authors are ones like John Green, Grisham, and Patterson.
>>
>>8725269

Rofl, what a cop out shit answer, you dumb faggot. What if Murakami interests those people? You're literally the "stop liking what i don't like" guy.

I've read Dosto and Murakami. Deal with it, fag.
>>
>>8724815
>guys was a top contender for a nobel prize 2 years ago
>nobody knows about him (or any japanese author)

Yeah, Murakami is not normie lit just like Dylanis not normie music
>>
>>8725290
>Patterson
>Author

you know the guys is currently hiring 20 ghost writers and he doesnt write any of ''his'' books right?

He just decide what the book will be about, pay some dude to write it in 30 days or less and cash in.
>>
>>8725419

Of course Murakami interests those people, what an obtuse comment to make.
>>
>>8725690
so they're just like you, they read what interests them
>>
>>8725710
Its typical elitism, It doesn't interest him so the people who do like it are terrible people in his eyes.
>>
>>8724850
I have literally never met anyone who has read Kant except for a professor I met who literally only teaches Kant.

Normies do not really read philosophy. The most I usually get out of them is "we read parts of Republic in school once."
>>
>>8724815
Normies aren't drawn to books, they read what their friends read.
>>
What's the best distance to stay away from Murakami's books?
>>
>>8724815
Normies taste in music, literature, and art in general are dictated by the tastes of teenage girls. I'm writing a dissertation on it at the moment, it's too nuanced to express in a single shitpost, just trust me. P=0.05
>>
>>8725892
lets break this down.

normies read what their friends read, huh? So that means that at least one of their friends reads non-normie literature because the only person who reads is not a normie because a normie read what their friends read and if their friend is also a normie they read what their friends read and so on and so forth. So eventually in the chain there is a normie with a patrician, or at least non normie friend. Hence since the normies read what their friends read, they also read non-normie literature. Hence the concept of the normie is non existent.

fuck you
>>
>>8725894

about 30 cm. Any more and you might struggle to read the words
>>
>why aren't normies abnormal like us and like good books, heh
>>
>>8725419
fucking rekt
>>
File: 1478927824254.jpg (132KB, 640x626px) Image search: [Google]
1478927824254.jpg
132KB, 640x626px
>>8725906
we've got a mathematician here, friends
>>
>>8725710

Exactly, whats your point?
>>
>>8726085
The one that you said "exactly" to.

Sometimes people agree, you know.

Sorry to ruin your argument boner.
>>
the only reason anyone reads Murakami is because he is Japanese
>>
>>8726196
radical opinion xD
>>
>>8724843
>fully grown adults at my workplace, apparently fit to sire children, still read shit like the hunger games
maybe it's just an Australia thing, English is woefully handled over here
>>
>>8725710
there's more to it than that. Murakami I feel is in the same camp as stuff like Kerouac, Hunter S Thompson etc in that a lot of people treat their books as fashion accessories before they do works of literature.
>>
>>8724843
From what I've seen Murakami is on Vonnegut tier here, ie simplistic literary works that hipsters read. It is by no means "normie" /lit/.

You want normie /lit/ go look at the Goodreads Best Books of Year 201X.

Pic related by the way, an absolute masterpiece of recorded oral history and investigative journalism.
>>
>>8726377

>That scene with the woman trying to recite vowels and she mentions wanting to go to Disney land
>>
>>8726386
Sarin is a hell of a drug
>>
>>8724833
youre retarded lol murakami is pure normie middlebrow housewife/"hipster college girl"/:indie guy" tier.

Even if it true, this not an argument against disliking his work, you do know that right?

Normiecore is literally Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, the Davinci Code...etc. Certainly not Murakami. Murakami is about as mainstream as literary fiction gets, but he's not normiecore. You may be an autistic shut in who doesn't come in to contact with normies if you don't recognize that.
>>
>>8726243
No it's worldwide, don't worry
>>
>>8724843
Sorry meant to quote this guy.
>>
>>8725896
interesting!!!
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.