[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know a girl who reads John Green. I would like to try and save

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0321.jpg (48KB, 320x321px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0321.jpg
48KB, 320x321px
I know a girl who reads John Green. I would like to try and save her. What are some books I can use to wean her off his books and toward good ones? Bonus points if I can convince her that not only is John Green not that good, he's also quite awful.
>>
File: 1478825074829.png (2MB, 1508x850px) Image search: [Google]
1478825074829.png
2MB, 1508x850px
>>8723435

Esoteric Johnism
>>
>>8723435
Get her to start with The Greeks

But for a better answer: I know too little about John Green to be able to make a recommendation based solely on the information that she reads John Green.
>>
>>8723435
>not only is John Green not that good, he's also quite awful.
You're never going to convince anyone of anything with that mindset. Try considering what it is about Green that she, and so many other people, like--you know, empathize with her and whatnot. That usually helps.
>>
>>8723442
>/lit/s punching bag
>/pol/ spreads lies about him because of how much they hate him
>/tv/ hates him
I don't think I've ever seen anyone on this website defend him.
>>
File: johngreen.png (101KB, 671x350px) Image search: [Google]
johngreen.png
101KB, 671x350px
You can't, it's not because of his writing that he's so popular with the ladies.
>>
File: IMG_0222.png (180KB, 425x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0222.png
180KB, 425x314px
>>8723478
>tfw DFW height
I should kill myself now.
>>
File: 1464711027895.jpg (239KB, 1508x850px) Image search: [Google]
1464711027895.jpg
239KB, 1508x850px
>>8723474

/lit/, /pol/, /tv/ AND /his/ LOATHES his highly selective history videos

basically a cuckimus maximus
>>
>>8723570
>Alexander the Great wasn't so great. You know who is great? Women.
He really is the worst.
>>
>>8724262
What was the whole controversy about his human geography videos about that they had to be taken down?
>>
>>8723435

if you can't come up with any arguments against him then why do you want others to dislike him?

being YA fiction, there are plenty of "adult" literary works referenced in Green's books. you could try to get her to read those
>>
>>8724266
they started the series out by dismissing geographical determinism in very strong terms ("super racist") without giving any actual arguments. they also lumped in jared diamond with colonialist racism. lots of people were surprised by the aggressive start before any actual facts were laid out (though i suppose they were going to elaborate on their critique later).
the video got lots of dislikes which got even more extreme when the video was shared on alt-right sites and trolls came rushing in. Green realized they went about it in the wrong way, took down the video and promised they would rework the series
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.