[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /lit/'s opinion on Evola? Just ordered Revolt Against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: transferir.jpg (377KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
transferir.jpg
377KB, 1200x1600px
What is /lit/'s opinion on Evola? Just ordered Revolt Against the Modern World and Ride the Tiger. Am I in for the ultimate iron pill?
>>
I am mid-way through Yoga of Power, and it has really helped my meditation and orgasms.

True story.
>>
He's de Maistre for larping plebieans.
>>
>>8720409
I was an evolian for some months but it is just a sad, grumpy philosophic position.

Evola just needed to go to the beach for once in his lifetime, fall in love or something.

Don't waste your time with masturbatory esoterisms, just go full Catholic already.
>>
As with anything else on 4chan there are three camps

True believers who become irritating zealots after dabbling in it for a few days

True disbelievers who become irritating zealots about how only irritating zealots are into it

People who actually appreciate and contextualise it without being a retard about it or immediately looking for which side of a factitious dichotomy of LOVE/HATE they fall onto

Ignore the first two groups. Evola is fine and has lots of neat aspects and he's a good gateway into many interesting esoteric and conservative ideas.
>>
I find it hard to comprehend. He says a lot of words and it is hard to find the point or meaning. Each chapter you read gives you a 'feeling' opposed to some concrete information.

Perhaps it is ny young age, or my reading immaturity but I found it challenging to read and follow.
>>
File: Mr. Ben.jpg (148KB, 450x346px) Image search: [Google]
Mr. Ben.jpg
148KB, 450x346px
>>8720445
>I was X
>For a few months

You left out "in Highschool"

Nobody who changes philosophies like shirts ever moves beyond the Neophyte level of understanding any of them.
>>
>>8720409
Esotericism is like religion, but without all of the good parts.
>>
>>8720409
reactionary trash
>>
He's mad, but more right that you thought possible.
>>
File: kek-kalki.jpg (49KB, 347x311px) Image search: [Google]
kek-kalki.jpg
49KB, 347x311px
His attacks on other philosophies and ways of life are excellent. I honestly think evola's "trilogy" is the best overview and rebuttal of all post enlightenment, pre 1950s philosophy, and it's products as well.

His own construction is barely coherent logically, it's requires great leaps of faith and it exists in a vacuum, any other philosopher could destroy it.

Regarding YOUR life; if you're the specific kind of person it's aimed at, then you could be looking at change you didn't think possible. And if you're that kind of person, you wont care about the leaps of faith required, you'll just go on and ascend.
>>
>>8722020
By trilogy you mean those I mentioned in the OP and Men Among Ruins right?

Also, what do you guys think about his Mystery of the Graal and René Guenón's The Crisis of the Modern World?
>>
>>8720654
>Nobody who changes philosophies like shirts ever moves beyond the Neophyte level of understanding any of them.

where do you think you are?
>>
>>8722020
this
he's similar to Marx for me in that I love his critiques and deconstruction of the modern world but am not entirely convinced by his philosophy.

he like a lot of orientalists ignore a lot of other aspects of Eastern philosophies only to focus on a handful.
>>
>>8722020
>His own construction is barely coherent logically, it's requires great leaps of faith and it exists in a vacuum, any other philosopher could destroy it.
So he's basically an analytical, not-continental anti-Heidegger? XD
>>
Great if he's for you, makes little sense if he isn't, as other anons pointed.

His book on alchemy is invaluable tough, nothing comes close both for theory and practice. I have a similar view of his Introduction to Magic

Also, Ride the Tiger is a very sharp (and critical )analysis of modern culture
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.