[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>haven't read for pleasure in years >tried to read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 495248.jpg (12KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
495248.jpg
12KB, 238x192px
>haven't read for pleasure in years
>tried to read a book about Nazi Germany because I think WW2 was cool
>I literally fell asleep reading the book
>Wake up 3 hours later
I was on page 10
Should I give up
>>
why isnt there a novel about sadfrogs yet?
>>
File: 41OuKUjAPrL.jpg (26KB, 321x500px) Image search: [Google]
41OuKUjAPrL.jpg
26KB, 321x500px
>>8720143
>>
>>8720153
keked moderately
>>
>>8720153
Nice one desu
>>
>>8720153
underrated
>>
I fall asleep easily reading too. But I work at night and have little time to stick my nose in a physical book. So I get my /lit/ fix through audiobooks. Then I can enjoy stuff while doing physical busywork like chores or commuting,and a good reader makes the book come alive.
>>
File: 1478303219283.jpg (57KB, 520x520px)
1478303219283.jpg
57KB, 520x520px
>>8720153
>>
>>8720138
>History
>Interesting
Pick one.
No shit a history book is boring - history tends to be a boring ass subject unless it is being studied for epistemological, sociological, hermeneutical, anthropological, etc. insights. It is literally one of the most autistic fields of study - akin to something like entomology or ichthyology. Its literally just memorizing random ass facts.

Usually a subject tends to be more interesting if there is more order, elegance, and structure to it; that is, if there exist in the given field of study certain patterns and regularities. Structure, pattern, and regularity are absolutely beautiful and provide one with the opportunity to think for themselves and explore the conceptual landscape on their own, so to speak.Thus something like biology, mathematics, or philosophy is really interesting, but shit like insect taxonomy or the history of of Protestant marriage practices is Western Europe tends to be boring. The more freedom and ability for creative and analytical thinking, and the less wrote memorization, the more interesting a subject tends to be.

History and "political science" (not poltical or legal philosophy) tend to be the most low-brow, pedestrian, commonplace academic subjects. We see that the general public likes History because it is relatable, often directly and obviously relevant to their own personal lives, and easy to understand and work with since it requires no logical, mathematical or creative thinking, but rather only memorization.

If you're a smart person, you'll probably find more intellectually engaging subjects to be a little more interesting.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.