[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /lit/ feel about theaterical plays and such? The performing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1311.jpg (94KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1311.jpg
94KB, 500x622px
How does /lit/ feel about theaterical plays and such? The performing art is beginning to truly fascinate me. Where can I learn more about them? Also, are they /lit/?
>>
Fuck /lit/ for being so useless
>>
There was this one english writer known for his plays. Can't recall.
>>
>>8717514
>muh Hackspeare

Fuck off, faggot. It's all about the new contemporary performing arts. Keep with the times, causal.
>>
>>8717526
You might be right there with the causal accusation. The contemporary arts, be them music or theatre, tend to be of this dysrhythmic, blepharospasmic and inconsequential weirdshit mind frame, where nought is well that ends at all. I might be a skeleton, but a visit to such shows seems to be a direct hazard to my nervous system's integrity.
>>
Stage actor here.

Plays are pretty neat. They keep me working.

What aspects of the performing arts are you interested in? Stagecraft? Dramaturgy? Acting? Directing? Do you just want to know what plays to read and/or see to pass as knowledgeable?
>>
>>8717535

This has not been my experience. Can you give an example of what you mean?
>>
File: IMG_1132.gif (1000KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1132.gif
1000KB, 500x340px
>>8717542
>What aspects of the performing arts are you interested in? Stagecraft? Dramaturgy? Acting? Directing?

I'm particularly interested in the writing of script and the exchanging of dialogue. But directing and acting also fascinates me. I'm not sure what dramaturing is, desu.

>Do you just want to know what plays to read and/or see to pass as knowledgeable?

Yeah, pretty much. Can you give me the redpill? I'm a complete novice and want to learn more about it.
>>
>>8717542
how'd you get into stage acting? did you just audition in an open call? agent? made connections in school?
>>
>>8717570

You know exactly where you need to start.

>>8717668

Me and my friends formed a company about three and a half years ago. I met some of them through projects at college, the others through these connections. We are not very big, but I think we do good work. Better than most of what's available in my area.

'They keep me working' was a bit of conceit. We do work--a lot--but our it does not support any of us financially.
>>
>>8717865
>You know exactly where you need to start

No, I don't.
>>
>>8717964

Those old pederasts that liked to watch naked boys wrestle.
>>
>>8718068
Fuck off, faggot
>>
>>8717865
I'll be leaving school pretty soon, and being a stage actor has been my dream for a while. I know it isn't going to easy, but can you give me any advice or tips or anything like that?
>>
>>8717964
>>8718068
>>8718368
Start with the greeks, that's the golden rule.
>>
>>8718396

If you have any interest in 'making it' you need to be in either Los Angeles or, specifically for the stage, New York City. Your chances of succeeding and actually making a viable career out of acting are minuscule, even if you're very talented. Be realistic about your prospects, and plan accordingly.

If you've never done any kind of drama work I would recommend, at the very least, attending some voice classes. At the community/regional level you will blow your auditioners away simply by being able to speak clearly and articulately. And exercise--dance, fencing, gymnastics, etc. Your body and your voice, together, are your instrument, and they need to be developed and cared for.
>>
>>8717865
>Me and my friends formed a company about three and a half years ago.
lol Burbage fuck off
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.