[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mary Sue >the Book So... I'm at the part where the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: atlas-shrugged-book-cover.jpg (165KB, 640x1097px) Image search: [Google]
atlas-shrugged-book-cover.jpg
165KB, 640x1097px
>Mary Sue
>the Book

So... I'm at the part where the super smart and rich, too good for anyone female protagonist is about to have sex with the super smart and rich, too good for anyone latino.

All I want to know if the Jon Gault reveal will be worth it.
>>
>>8714958
Are you me? I got to the part slightly past that where she and her mcsleuth buddy find an abandoned warehouse and discover a device she had never seen before but immediately recognized as some perpetual motion device. I stopped there. Please help. Does the reveal make it worth it or what.
>>
Looking for a spin off, but more of The Fountainhead? Try Murder By Pizza. Instead of a white collar architect, it is about a blue collar pizza chef.
>>
John Galt is more than worth it. Keep going and finish the whole thing. He has a great rant/speech at one point and towards the end he does something i thought to be pretty awesome.
>>
>>8715118
Is a fifty page monologue of we're the beautiful, brilliant (rebuilding the rich thing), people and the government is evil and stops people from being free and wealthy sound worth it? Also externalities are not real.

If this is a conclusion you crave go for it, but Mill/Locke/Rousseau would have some suggestions for improvements.
>>
>>8714958
It's a philosophical text, the actual story barely matters, most of it is only a setup to a giant speech in the end and the underlying perspective is what makes it such an important book.
>>
>>8714958
>>Mary Sue
Hahaha, no.
>>
>>8714958
John Galt is Riordan the whole time. He's living on a secret island the female protagonist gets to by single-handedly flying there via biplane (btw it's her first time piloting lololol).

What impresses me about Ayn Rand is not that she wrote a trash novel, but that she was able to write so much of it. I guess having an editor would have been communism though.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.