[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite philosophical take on happiness (and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1478875586001.jpg (31KB, 702x702px) Image search: [Google]
1478875586001.jpg
31KB, 702x702px
What's your favorite philosophical take on happiness (and how to attain it)? I feel dirty for asking such a mundane question but please share..
>>
You're searching for something impossible. Unless you mean temporary happiness. You aren't going to be permanently happy though.
>>
It's a shadow and chasing it will always lead you to a dead end eventually.
>>
aristotle and pyrrhonian skepticism
>>
You don't find happiness, you make it, dipshit.
>>
>>8714716
How can it be impossible when there are so many interpretations of happiness?

I mean I can increase the baseline or look in different/obscure places and in the process redefine what I'm looking for?

Like you say there is only temporary happiness. I would like to read about how you came to that conclusion if you want to share...

Just as an example Nietzsche said something along the lines to look at power for guidance which is fundamentally different approach from basing everything on the next rush however "weak" it renders you.

Sharing is caring so please respond to unhappy OP
>>
>>8714760
I don't see a dramatic difference in the context of my question at least not to discredit my question but I'm not a native. If you are not nitpicking on purpose I gladly rephrase my question: How to make happiness? From what principle etc.
>>
>>8714731
Why do you think this way? What is happiness to you that you can understand it but not have it?

>>8714754
"I cannot know that I'm unhappy" correct?
>>
Stirner
>>
>>8714799
Because happiness is only a shallow sensation. Senses cannot provide guidance without rationality backing it up.
>>
>>8714945
So if there is happiness to be found rationality brings the greatest, longest lasting joy because it allows you to pick and choose from which sensations are worth considering and which arent as to maximize "profits".
>>
>>8714754
I think Aristotles got it right with the how to achieve part of happiness, but happiness being the ultimate goal of everything we do is not something I agree with.
>>
>>8714708
do wwhatever you want. there should be a philosophy on how to do drugs responsibly.
>>
File: 220px-Kierkegaard.jpg (13KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Kierkegaard.jpg
13KB, 220x326px
>>8714708
"Anyone who has given the matter any thought will know that I am right when I say that it is never given a person to be absolutely and in every conceivable way completely content, not even for one single half hour of his life."
>>
>>8714708
Start jerking off and never stop, im referring of course to your soul
>>
>>8714708
Eat and be healthy, think about how awesome the oppurtunity/s of life is, and then act to make it so. Find enjoyable hobbies. Go for a walk.
>>
[happiness is a choice]
>>
File: badiou.jpg (125KB, 630x274px) Image search: [Google]
badiou.jpg
125KB, 630x274px
>>8714708
One achieves happiness by organizing the consequences of a local event at the end of an historical sequence. However, this may involve a resignation to dissatisfaction. For satisfaction in a late capitalist world is the antithesis of happiness, it is a contentment without content. To be truly happy, we must pay the price.

t. Badiou
>>
>>8714708

I prefer my own philospophical observations on happiness to others. Now, it may happen that these views have influenced me by prior or existing expositions in certain cases, or else I may have come up with the same ideas without ever being aware of a more notable work detailing same. Yet the views are "mine" in the sense that I genuinely maintain them, even if in whatever way I was not the first to think them. Thus, my views:

Instant gratification is the superior of delayed gratification in the sense that at any one moment, you could /die/ before receiving your delayed gratification. Well-adjusted adults have both a brain-chemical and an encultured fiction that delayed gratification is superior, because it is supposed to feel better - and it really does, in terms of psychology, memory, chemical dumps and so on. This is your body literally lying to you about what is actually the case. It happens all the time in terms of sensory perception. "Revenge is a dish best served cold." Instant gratification is therefore of course the higher happiness, and scoffing to the contrary is either the result of the adult animal delusion of living in its adult animal body (and thus falsely forgetting the truer truths which were understood in childhood), or else a failure to understand the correct above philosophical points.
>>
>>8715281
>For satisfaction in a late capitalist world is the antithesis of happiness, it is a contentment without content.
why.jpg
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.