[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Obama the most /lit/ President? >I haven’t read “The

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: obama-college.jpg (272KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
obama-college.jpg
272KB, 1600x1062px
Is Obama the most /lit/ President?

>I haven’t read “The Waste Land” for a year, and I never did bother to check all the footnotes. But I will hazard these statements—Eliot contains the same ecstatic vision which runs from Münzer to Yeats. However, he retains a grounding in the social reality/order of his time.

Facing what he perceives as a choice between ecstatic chaos and lifeless mechanistic order, he accedes to maintaining a separation of asexual purity and brutal sexual reality. And he wears a stoical face before this. Read his essay on Tradition and the Individual Talent, as well as Four Quartets, when he’s less concerned with depicting moribund Europe, to catch a sense of what I speak.

Remember how I said there’s a certain kind of conservatism which I respect more than bourgeois liberalism—Eliot is of this type. Of course, the dichotomy he maintains is reactionary, but it’s due to a deep fatalism, not ignorance. (Counter him with Yeats or Pound, who, arising from the same milieu, opted to support Hitler and Mussolini.)

And this fatalism is born out of the relation between fertility and death, which I touched on in my last letter—life feeds on itself. A fatalism I share with the western tradition at times. You seem surprised at Eliot’s irreconcilable ambivalence; don’t you share this ambivalence yourself, Alex?
>>
File: mike_tyson8_gr.jpg (33KB, 410x309px) Image search: [Google]
mike_tyson8_gr.jpg
33KB, 410x309px
>>8712334
Yes but Iron Mike is still the King of /lit/
>>
>>8712334
Yes, probably.
>>
Someone got ahold of his undergraduate poetry four years ago. They showed it to Harold Bloom, who said he was "not unimpressed" with the effort. Though he ultimately concluded that Obama should stick will politics.
>>
Obama can suck my dick he is a black and i hate blacks i dont live in america tho but inthird world shithole so you might wamt to frgive my edgy opinions
>>
>>8712334
no, trump is.

he's an alpha bonehead and he likely won't be a particularly good custodian of the arts, but he'll shift us to a discursive position where literature can be seen as important once again.
>>
>>8712401
You want to have sex with blacks but you hate blacks huh.
>>
>>8712406
pitching isn't gay, only receiving
>>
>>8712422
You're playing baseball either way bro.
>>
Reads like an undergrad paper

Confuses profundity with complexity

Overwrought

Yeats and Eliot have nothing in common except the language
>>
>>8712404
I'm actually genuinely curious if Trump has read any books at all in the last 10 years. Does he even know how to read?
>>
>>8712440
>Yeats and Eliot have nothing in common except the language
This comment reads like a failing undergrad paper.
>>
>>8712445

why would he need to read anything, hes past that stage. he twits some slick roasts all the time.

he has masterful command of language.
>>
>>8712445
He has the best ghost reader, his son. He's 10 years old. He sees dead people. The reading aspect of book is very very tough.
>>
>>8712440
obama debunked!
>>
curvature of constitutional space lol
>>
>>8712334
he might be but that doesnt mean he isnt a shit president
>>
>>8712505
Obama is a good president, you dumb fucker.

>sane economic policy
>sane environmental policy
>sane tax policy
>no scandals
>>
>>8712509
>cuck
>black (all married blacks let blacks fuck their wives, so they're all cucks)
>Not Christian
Sounds shit to me
>>
>>8712513
Got some hot and original opinions there, fagtron.
>>
>>8712509
faggy neolib who helped make every aspect of culture even worse
>>
>>8712519
I have no idea how you measure how faggy culture has become, or why you care about it more than things that have a direct and measurable impact on your life.
>>
>>8712522
because hes a neoconservatist

aka reactionary tard with no depth or logic to his opinions
>>
>>8712440
>Confuses profundity with complexity
please show us the line you found overly "complex" and simplify the language for us!
>>
>>8712534
I am talking about his analysis you insufferable nitwit
>>
>>8712422
Pitching is gayer. Pitching requires arousal. A catcher doesn't have to enjoy it.
>>
>>8712544
>calls someone an insufferable nitwit unironically and believes his opinion matters

Got some bad news for you, lad.
>>
>>8712544
>analysis being too complicated for him is somehow bad
>implying that analysis was even complex
I can totally believed that this was half remembered from a year before.
>>
>>8712548
Nice counterpoint you have there, please expand on this insight you possess
>>8712551
DId i say it was too complicated for me? Your comprehension is juvenile
>>
>>8712555
>Your comprehension is juvenile
Well, out of the mouths of babes...
>>
>>8712445
I'd be very surprised if he didn't have a background in classical economics.
>>
>>8712555
I expanded my insight inside your mum last night, m8.
>>
>>8712558
Wonderful
>>8712561
Wonderful

What inspiring and insightful rhetoric you two boast
>>
>>8712567
>What inspiring and insightful rhetoric you two boast
Thank you, and I hope we've encouraged you to write better quality posts.
>>
>>8712544
ok, so your saying he mistakes something complex he read as profound? or that he writes complex to appear profound?

in either case i would like some specific textual supporting examples since his analysis is a) not complex b) not referring to complex works
>>
>>8712522
yep nothing matters except how much money each person has
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.