[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hopefully not many of the denizens of this board are distracted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: germany-flag.gif (4KB, 390x265px) Image search: [Google]
germany-flag.gif
4KB, 390x265px
hopefully not many of the denizens of this board are distracted by "lmao drumpf"
any suggestions for a good and relatively simple piece of fiction written in german for someone who's just trying to learn the language on his own?

inb4 Mein Kampf and my diary desu
>>
File: 9783522177504[1].jpg (254KB, 411x648px) Image search: [Google]
9783522177504[1].jpg
254KB, 411x648px
>>8708523
How about something to listen to in german? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpniYfOOwmk

other than that, pic related. a youth book to be sure, but I enjoyed it when I was little. And as a "kids" book it should be good for beginners for obvious reasons.
>>
>>8708631
nah, i generally have a hard time listening to a foreign language until i learn to read it at very decent level. was the same with english.

i'll take your book suggestion though, thanks!
>>
>>8708646
Michael Ending is a pretty famous german author for fantasy and books for children. You might also check out The Neverending Story which might be his best known work.
>>
In der Strafkolonie by Kafka would be pretty great for reading the best German short story and making yourself familiar with the intricacies of the language.
>>
>>8708688
wow, that's a great recommendation
>>
I will always recommend Max Frisch' Homo Faber for learning German. It is not only written in a very strict, mechanical way (and thus easy to understand), but it also interweaves that into its story and themes. It's a great book below 200 pages.

Alternatively: basically every literary work of importance in history has been translated to German. Take your favourite book, get a german translation and read side by side if you really just want to learn the language at first.
>>
>>8708715
That second part would be useful if the book was transliterated, which they never are
>>
>>8708718
"Side by side" may have been the wrong phrasing there.

My point is supposed to be: if you already know the plot and themes and characters etc of the book, you will have an easier time getting the gist of a sentence. And if you don't get a part you can always just reread it in your original version.
>>
Can you read children's poetry/stories yet? If not, you aren't ready for books. You can move from those to books much faster than a child because you already can read, but you still need to familiarize yourself with reading it in larger and larger quantities.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.