[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this plot work: A (wife), B (husband), C (detective) Act

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: broen-bodnia-helin.jpg (421KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
broen-bodnia-helin.jpg
421KB, 1280x720px
Does this plot work:

A (wife), B (husband), C (detective)

Act 1
A discovers B is a murderer
C is investigating said murders
B provides the main voice /her discovery
B murders A

Act 2
C attempts to solve murders of B
(C ("becomes") protagonist post-death of A)
Standard investigation
C searches house of A+B
C discovers evidence left by A (on dictaphone)
Confrontation

Act 3
Wrap it up

Just a skeleton of course - I'd be grateful if you guys could tell me whether killing off the "main voice" of the novel in the first act would stop people reading
(that's why I've added the voice recording to retain her voice throughout the novel post-death)

I'm also trying to decide whether to have three first-person POVs rotating, or to have the detective as third-person - would this make her less likable to a readership??
Thanks a lot!
>>
doh that should be "A provides the main voice /her discovery"
>>
Looks pretty sound, you would have to consider whether killing off the main voice be a transition or something that happens abruptly. You might have to find a balance between not creating such a jarring change and not tipping off your reader about the events to come (don't underestimatehow much people love to predict crime novels).
>>
You could pull it off through multiple viewpoint character 3rd person POV writing. Give us some scenes throughout act 1 with the detective as your viewpoint character and the transition will be seamless.
>>
>>8708259
Thanks, that's good advice re creating a balance - yeah, I was thinking to drip-feed the detective narrative to make the transition as gradual as possible, or perhaps have it occur in the middle of the book maybe
>>
>>8708278
sounds good - I'll likely post some on here when I've started writing (I'm still outlining)

Thanks for your help!
>>
>>8708193
Isn't this pretty much a variation on Gone Girl?

That book sold so I guess it works
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.