[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I won't make it /lit/. I got and degree in electrical engineering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 17562794949_1352f8352f_b[1].jpg (107KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
17562794949_1352f8352f_b[1].jpg
107KB, 1024x683px
I won't make it /lit/. I got and degree in electrical engineering and now a job. Even if I didn't have a wife, i still wouldn't have time and focus to write. My profession drains all my efforts, i can't stop thinking about engineer, even-though I don't have a lot of passion for it and I can't allow to not give my 100% best in my work because someone else will. It's hard to let my love for art vanish, but i got to live. I couldn't handle falling. My wife is very intelligent and she is way ahead in her profession than I am in mine. I am afraid she would dump me if I stopped progressing. Life is hard and doing great art is beyond my capabilities. I feel sad, but I still have the happiness of reading a good book when i have some time. I have to keep living.
>>
Getting a good well paying job isn't all it's cracked up to be when you're not chasing the paper dream.

There's hardly anything satisfying about giving all your time and energy in a day almost every day to your job when you're merely doing it to do it or for a living.

Sorry m8 it only gets worse from here.
>>
>>8708087
The job is hard and unsatisfying yes. But i really want to be able to stay with the girl i love and maybe someday raise kids.
Art can't promise happiness and the chances that i will fail are huge. I have very real urge to follow this passion, but i can't give up on my love. I would be a fool to do so.
>>
>>8708094
be honest with your wife about it, ask for a year or something, tops, if you can. tell her if it doesn't work out, you'll get back on the grind and work towards both of your dreams. that way you won't have any regrets. she must care about you too.
>>
File: sand2.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
sand2.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>8708085
>Complains about job
>Complains about wif
>Complains about lack of time to read
>Despite of those things thinks having kids is a good idea
You deserve everything that is happening to you.
>>
>>8708640
Adopting kids actually. I would never bring another person to this world.
>>
File: Seriouslee.jpg (41KB, 400x440px) Image search: [Google]
Seriouslee.jpg
41KB, 400x440px
>>8708085
Seems to me that you are putting yourself down on purpose m8.

You managed to grow up, get an education, get a job, stick to it, marrying an intelligent, and presumably attractive woman, and you can't find small gaps in your time where you can polish artful crafts like writing?

Bullshit. Yeah, life is fucking hard, but that shouldn't stop you from doing anything.
>>
>>8708085
You're just a weak willed human being, it's no big deal, just join the rest of the biological compost and enjoy devoting your life to improving the infrastructure of Bangladesh or whatever you do
>>
At some point you choose which idea needs to die.
You've chosen to upset yourself over this even though you have so many things already important to you. I'm similar, I can barely do the art I want to do and my brain fries itself to the point where I have to force myself to relax but I keep having ideas and writing.

Just recently I forgot if I sent a rent check in the mail or not, because I'm thinking too much about my writing. No easy victories, the very thing that makes me so proud of what I do is the same thing giving me problems.

It's the same with any story. People will ditch it just because it doesn't have a female protagonist and a hot guy on the cover, what makes your desires any different or better than theirs? It's the same petty life we all lead in this modern world.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.