[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry if this isn't the place to go for this, but I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: batman holding a marshmallow.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
batman holding a marshmallow.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
Sorry if this isn't the place to go for this, but I have a great disliking of Reddit, and this is the only board that wasn't /b/ or /tg/ where this was most likely to fit. Normally, I don't even come to this board.

However, I have a problem.

Being the trashy little man I am, I was reading some fan fiction. Old fanfiction from 2004-2005. The story has quite a few elements in it that I enjoy, but the writing is absolute garbage, and I desire nothing more at present than to rewrite it in such a way that I feel content, and submit what I write to the internet. However, that is basically plagiarism, and I feel guilty for wanting to do so.

So, I made several attempts to contact the author for permission to do so, but all of the contact information is defunct and useless.

So, I am now stuck on this quandary: Should I write it anyway and take my chances with the probably now long-forgotten author coming back to haunt me/being unable to post my work anywhere, or should I just drop it? If the answer is drop, why so?

Pic unrelated. I didn't have one that fit.
>>
>>8706771
/lit/ - Literature
All literature discussion is welcome, however fan-fic is not allowed.
>>
>>8706779

True, but I don't intend on talking about the story, or posting it, or anything. I'm merely asking for the board's opinion on rewriting an old story. Beyond that, I know you don't want to know, and I don't really want to share.

Is that still a problem?
>>
As long as you don't publish you shouldn't have any problems.
>>
>>8706771
Considering that everything written is a rewrite of a rewrite of a rewrite, I'd say go for it. You can even try to sell it for monies or sex, if you change the names sufficiently.
>>
>>8706895

>Selling fanfiction for sex

I haven't laughed this hard in ages
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.