[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mfw I'm God Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo! Ring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Tom_Bombadil_2.jpg (203KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Tom_Bombadil_2.jpg
203KB, 1024x768px
mfw I'm God

Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!
Ring a dong! hop along! fal lal the willow!
Tom Bom, jolly Tom, Tom Bombadillo!

Hey! Come merry dol! derry dol! My darling!
Light goes the weather-wind and the feathered starling.
Down along under Hill, shining in the sunlight,
Waiting on the doorstep for the cold starlight,
There my pretty lady is, River-woman's daughter,
Slender as the willow-wand, clearer than the water.
Old Tom Bombadil water-lilies bringing
Comes hopping home again. Can you hear him singing?
Hey! Come merry dol! derry dol! and merry-o,
Goldberry, Goldberry, merry yellow berry-o!
Poor old Willow-man, you tuck your roots away!
Tom's in a hurry now. Evening will follow day.
Tom's going home home again water-lilies bringing.
Hey! come derry dol! Can you hear me singing?

Hop along, my little friends, up the Withywindle!
Tom's going on ahead candles for to kindle.
Down west sinks the Sun: soon you will be groping.
When the night-shadows fall, then the door will open,
Out of the window-panes light will twinkle yellow.
Fear no alder black! Heed no hoary willow!
Fear neither root nor bough! Tom goes on before you.
Hey now! merry dol! We'll be waiting for you!

Hey! Come derry dol! Hop along, my hearties!
Hobbits! Ponies all! We are fond of parties.
Now let the fun begin! Let us sing together!
>>
What kind of power would we see if bombadil took the ring for himself?
>>
>>8702700
He already has unlimited power, so the ring would be irrelevant to him. I recall they wanted to give him the ring, but decided against it for the simple reason that he cares about it so little, he'd probably lose it.

>yfw the father of fantasy himself used self-inserts
>>
>>8702703
Exactly, it'd just be an ornament.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX-V6FDI1b8
>>
>you now realize that Tom was just blazed out of his mind and not even the Ring could read his thoughts which made him seen stronger than he was
>>
>>8702750
No that's retarded.

Somewhat off topic, Tom Bombadil was based on JRR's kids' doll that got flushed down a toilet by mistake. He was just a bit of fun for the Tolkien family. I find that kinda cool.
>>
>>8702703
The ring doesn't work on him, not because he has unlimited power but because he has no desire. The ring can only corrupt and amplify evil desires present in it's target.
>>
>>8703094
This. Retarded nigger OP didn't even read the books if he doesn't understand that.

Tom is nothing more than the embodiment of Middle Earth. Which is why he is the oldest being alive and saw the elves coming.

In the Council it is mentioned when they contemplate giving him the ring that they are unsure if even Tom can resist Sauron "unless that power lies in the earth itself". (confirmation of the previous)

But Sauron has shown that his darkness can corrupt areas and the land. Tom would eventually fall like everything else if he got the ring.
>>
>>8702797
How do you flush a doll down a toilet by mistake?
Has Chris Tolkien been emotionally scarred ever since?
So many questions.
>>
>>8703681
Didn't Chris also lose the dog of roverandom? Kid keeps losing shit
>>
>>8703509
>>8703509
makes sense honestly
>>
>no one to talk about BASED Tom
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.