[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any books (preferably non-fiction but at least explicitly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1478349552095.jpg (196KB, 902x789px) Image search: [Google]
1478349552095.jpg
196KB, 902x789px
Are there any books (preferably non-fiction but at least explicitly rhetorical) that approach the issue of information as a contaminant? The idea of certain media permanently and irreparably damaging your mind?
>>
>>8701205
hehe taking the redpill really is like coming out of Plato's cave.

Women and liberals will never understand memes like we do
>>
File: Zizek Triptych.jpg (376KB, 1332x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Zizek Triptych.jpg
376KB, 1332x1000px
>>8701205
Come with me
And you'll be
In a world of pure ideology
>>
Yeah, it's an interesting subject. Thanks to 4chan I've discovered insecurities I didn't even know I ever had. Never been as self-conscious.

It has also made me paranoid about things I never considered. For example sharing washing machines. Or eating things in general.
>>
>>8701215
I got it from /his/ for one thing. I dont know, you are kind of an idiot if you think MSM is a great source of information.
>>
>>8701248
I am a free-thinker.

I only use /pol/, info wars, daily stormer, Breitbart, Fox News, stormfront, and Alex Jones
>>
>>8701205
>The idea of certain media permanently and irreparably damaging your mind?
Infinite Jest
>>
>>8701216
This is difficult to sing, if you wanted it to match the melody. In the original the long vowel/note goes like this
>of pure imaginaaation
but in yours it would be
>of pure ideolooogy
Unless you shorten each syllable to the same length, but it still sounds funny.

And I know that's hopelessly off topic, sorry.
>>
>>8701257
then you're a retard.
>>
>>8701284
I'm redpilled, kid. If only you knew how deep the rabbit hole goes
>>
>>8701264
It does have a triple rhyme at least
>>
>>8701205
That pic doesnt even make sense.
They are just separted away from like 2 metters? they dont heard that theres was another people just 2 metters aside??and why they wear coats?
>>
>>8701340
anyway heres my answer
"My diary, desu".
>>
>>8701340
Can we stop focussing on the pic guys. This was just the first thing on my phone that was appropriate. Keep in mind two things

>its mostly just humorous
>there is more diversity of opinion than MSM will ever offer
>>
Boy, dozens, in various genres, to various degrees, from various perspectives.

Doctor Fromm entertains the dangers of...how to put this... "wrong learning" frequently in serious manner;
Aldous Huxley deals with it in several of his books in a way of intellectualizing fiction and then more "straightforwardly" in Brave New World Revisited and then there was one of his essays in which he entertained the idea of language being a by-product of symbols originally invented by the memory apparatus, awfully flawed because it was simply never meant to be used in the way that we use it nowadays ("naturally", mind would invent symbols to preserve a perception; nowadays, in his opinion, we spur words out of thin air and out of the force of habit assume that there is a corresponding reality to match them... it was more complex than that, of course, but for that, you'll have to get it from the horse's mouth itself).

For a different approach entirely, I should recommend Anthony De Mello's "Awareness", available both as a book and as audio.
De Mello is a priest turned psychologist turned... bodhisattva?
Anyway his way of looking at things differs significantly from the other two fellows.

I'm certain that if you follow up on those leads, you're bound to turn up more '60-'90 psychologists dealing with this, though it's hard to guess whether it will be to your liking; I mean, there's a whole bunch of ways to look at information as harmful. Is it just specific information? Or is it a combination of specific combination with specific persons that does harm? Etc. etc.

Oh. And then there's always Philip K. Dick, forever dancing on that edge between literature and fiction, driving you utterly mad. Thought provoking, but can also become very unsettling.
>>
>>8701284
this is bait >>8701290 >>8701257 >>8701215
>>
File: IMG_6942.jpg (64KB, 323x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6942.jpg
64KB, 323x499px
>>8701205
Read this in come back here after to weeks and you'll have the answer.
>>
>>8701264
>Unless you shorten each syllable to the same length, but it still sounds funny

It's obviously a reference to Zizek's mispronounciation of English words.
>>
Prometheus Rising is a fun ride that you might be interested in.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.