[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /lit/ how's your writing going? Wanna share some of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: feb-11-2015.jpg (87KB, 400x579px) Image search: [Google]
feb-11-2015.jpg
87KB, 400x579px
Hey /lit/ how's your writing going? Wanna share some of your story ideas? I would love to give you some feedback and maybe I'll share some of my own.
>>
Fine. No.
We do need a new general crit thread though so go ahead.
>>
Well I got this new idea for a post-apocalyptic world story and it's about this lawman who tries to keep the peace in a lawless world and he deals with things like occultists, and bandits and crazy stuff like that kinda like the game fallout or the book the road
>>
>>8699056
Dude wakes up one day and is convinced he is actually dead, and what he is living is what hell is (lost his job, wife, kids). Hillarity ensues until he kills himself and actually goes to hell.
>>
>>8699203
Does he try to rebuild his life or is the story just about him decaying as a person because it would be interesting either way if it was a man's fight for a better life or just a front row seat to watching true pain and suffering
>>
>>8699240
He tries to, but every time he does, it backfires, and he realizes life isn't really worth living. He descends into addiciton (alcohol, drugs, prostitutes). It is about one man's descend to decrepitude and madness.
>>
>>8699324
Nice very dark but realistic. It's good to have that balance between "this is worst case scenario" and "this can happen to anyone". Like he's just some ordinary guy and life just shits on everything he loves, anyone would turn to a darker lifestyle because of that that's where it's realistic but it's up to you as the writer just how deep he digs his own grave and you can really make it seem absurd almost how much this guy just tears himself apart
>>
>>8699401
Yeah, I really like this idea. I haven't started writing it just yet, still outlining some things. I'm not sure I actually have what it takes to write a book, at least not right now, which is why I'm writing short stories, for practice.
>>
>>8699431
Best thing to do is just dive in and write it, to be honest. Even if you mess it up it'll be more enjoyable that way. If you're an inexperienced writer the worst thing you can do is put off the things you really want to write because you don't feel ready. Often people who do that end up not writing anything. It's a good idea, too.

I'm writing a novel about the first tank of the Chinese People's Liberation Army in a setting where tanks are cute girls. It's kind of going amazingly so far; part surreal historical fiction and part melancholy ramble on modern Chinese society. With tank girls.
>>
>>8699852
Fuck yeah tank girlz!
>>
>>8699852
Thank you for your advice, anon.
>>
>>8699852
Gimme a place where i can read it or it never happened.
>>
>>8700110
http://pastebin.com/SYUXRetv

First few words, boss.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.