[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have never read a word of Stephen King's work. Where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: STEPHEN-KING-1.jpg (247KB, 1536x983px) Image search: [Google]
STEPHEN-KING-1.jpg
247KB, 1536x983px
I have never read a word of Stephen King's work.

Where do I begin?
>>
>>8698776
Misery
>>
>>8698776
You don't
>>
>>8698776
The Long walk
>>
Salem's lot, I'm 60% sure that's his first novel
>>
>>8699034
A simple google search would make you less of a dumbass.
>>
You get The Bachman Books, Different Seasons, Night Shift, and Skeleton Crew. King's strength is ideas, not prose quality, and his short stories and novellas kick his the ass of his longer works.
>>
Page 1
>>
Don't.
>>
The Tommyknockers
>>
For the love of God don't!
>>
>>8698809
ehm, fuck no.
One of the most boring books that I've read.

In general King's books are pretty "meh".
Most of his books are filled with unnecessary text blocks completely irrelevant to the story. Its like every his book consist up to 3/4th of fillers. Very little suspense, tons of boredom.

Carrie, Shining, The Dark Half, Pet cemetery are ok though. IT is good, but unnecessary long
>>
the dark tower, fuck it
>>
>>8698776
He's pretty good OP, if you're looking for scare.
>>
>>8699052
Different Seasons is my favorite work by him, read it like 11 years ago when I was 12. Idk if it's his most literary work but I would imagine so.
>>
I read a bunch of his novels back in my early teens. He usually starts off with a fun premise, but eventually fucks everything up by introducing paranormal twists and cheesy endings or the same dumb "whew wasn't that a rough ride look now it's nice and calm and everything's fine but still we're all slightly shook by the events deep in our hearts" epilogues. It's all just pulp, but if you like that, then yeah, he's one of the best at it.

His most grand and ambitious novel is The Stand, and it's actually really good for what it is, but even that one still ends on a low note, in my opinion. But then again, if you're one to ask for advice on where to start with an author like Stephen King of all, then probably don't start with that one.
>>
>>8699968

How is it that the last 50 to 100 pages are always utterly fuck awful?

The man has on times had me utterly glued to a book only for me to just have to put the fucking thing down and forget about it towards the end.

Would recommend Insomnia, although it suffers fairly badly from SK ending.
>>
>>8699192
>One of the most boring books that I've read.

plebeian detected
>>
>>8698776
His primary residence is in Bangor, Maine. Bring a baseball bat and begin with his hands...apparently he uses them to write.
>>
IT is his most literary and one I think will be studied or praised the most.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.