[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Applying for an MFA in creative writing. What do admissions officials

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: the-necromancer-rises.jpg (40KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
the-necromancer-rises.jpg
40KB, 500x332px
Applying for an MFA in creative writing.
What do admissions officials usually look for in a writing sample?
>>
>>8698474
fart fetishes
>>
>>8698474
Quality
>>
Quality fart fetishes. Okay, got it!
>>
>>8698474
That you like to write and that you might have enough money or credit to pay tuition.
>>
>>8698474
Portfolio and GPA.
>>
>>8698474
That you can afford to pay them tens of thousands of dollars.
>>
They're looking to see if you're stupid enough to pay the money to teach you how to write stories that nobody will read.
>>
File: believe.jpg (90KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
believe.jpg
90KB, 500x471px
Most MFA programs are looking for writing that shows a general mastery of that particular genre's fundamentals, and a cover letter that demonstrates your willingness to learn at the graduate level without being an asshole to other students. Beyond that, it's a real crapshoot, to tell you the truth -- just like submitting to literary magazines.

Source: I have an MFA, and asked one of my professors about the application process before I graduated. I can go into more depth if you want.
>>
>>8698474
>creative writing.

Abort OP, its a bullshit pseud discipline for hucksters, study Literature or Philosophy instead
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.