[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "The Will to Power" worth reading? If so, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: FreddyIchBinDynamiteNeetschee.jpg (222KB, 600x696px) Image search: [Google]
FreddyIchBinDynamiteNeetschee.jpg
222KB, 600x696px
Is "The Will to Power" worth reading?

If so, what are the possible modification by his sister to look for? There are several fascist sounding quotes (A doctrine is needed powerful enough to work as a breeding agent: strengthening the strong, paralyzing and destructive for the world-weary.

The annihilation of the decaying races. Decay of Europe.-- The annihilation of slavish evaluations.-- Dominion over the earth as a means of producing a higher type.) mixed with really great and Nietzschean ones. I don't know whether they're really part of Nietzsche's philosophy or not.

If the book is not worth reading, what are alternatives, secondary literature about the Will to Power and what Nietzsche said about it.
>>
>>8698157
Why not go for the Complete Works edited by Colli and Montinari? They rearrange all the framents according to writting date (where available obviously) so that their meaning cannot be distorted by rearrangement. I don't know how accurate their work is, but many philosophers (including famous ones like Deleuze and Foucault) swear by it.
>>
The decay of europe fascist sounding?

I always speak about the decline of western civilisation. Am I seen as a fascist?
>>
>>8698252
Thanks, I'll read that.

>>8698258
>The decay of europe fascist sounding?
It's not the decay itself, but the solution that he seems to propose, which is literally taking control of the world and *annihilating* the decaying races (like the Jews, perhaps?) in order to produce a higher type (the pure Aryan race?)

It sounds extreme for Nietzsche, but then again, he actually wrote this, he meant it on another level. The original context could also clarify this a lot.
>>
>>8698157

You should realize that the appropriation of Nietzsche by Nazism was not a coincidence or entirely due to his sister. While Nietzsche was definitely no nazi, he was anti democracy and an elitist.
>>
>>8698431
>Thanks, I'll read that.

yfw it's in german
>>
>>8698431
The decaying race would not be Jews there or the higher type an "Aryan" race. That's where people go wrong. 99% chance Nietzsche said what's in the OP, but he is not referring to a concept so primitive as an ethnic or religious race. He is discussing different intellectual and cultural groups as races. Members of various ethnic groups and nations can be a part of the same intellectual and cultural group.

Even if he was talking purely about ethnicity or geography, the Germans would probably be the decaying race for him. He criticized the Germans severely, particularly after his falling out with Wagner, whom he saw as a great representation of German decadence. The Jews, on the other hand, he saw as sly foxes, but who were incredibly strong for that — under all conditions, all scrutiny, they still managed to weasel themselves out of things, transform morality in their favor, redefine religious and philosophical concepts and political events so that their own people would continue to live sanely and thrive over others. To Nietzsche, that was the mark of an enduring strong race.
>>
>>8698760
Yes, you're right, yet it also sounded like something her sister would put in - which means trying to find Nietzsche's wisdom in it is futile at best, misleading otherwise.
>>
>>8698252
This, just read the actual Nachlass.
>>
>>8698157
Yes, it's the best easily available collection of his notes, don't give too much credit to the arrangement but if you've red Nietzsche's other shit you will not be led astray by any arrangement of aphorisms.

>>8698252
This is a good option.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.