[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sometimes you can feel that this guy is almost touching greatness,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: king.jpg (5KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
king.jpg
5KB, 300x168px
sometimes you can feel that this guy is almost touching greatness, but then he ruins it with corny lines and strange dialogue

what is it about him that makes his books sell so well despite his flaws?
>>
>>8696320
>what is it about him that makes his books sell so well despite his flaws?

>why do Britney Spears albums sell despite her being a vapid cunt?
>>
commercial success doesn't need to be explained. So much shite sell so well and so few ppl can reproduce said shite - its just mostly luck
>>
recently watched him talking to george rrrrrr martin and he seems borderline...'special'
>>
>sometimes you can feel that this guy is almost touching greatness, but then he ruins it with corny lines and strange dialogue
yes i agree he's right below cervantes

>what is it about him that makes his books sell so well despite his flaws?
it is a mystery
>>
>>8697348
I watched that too. I think he was annoyed with George RR Martin for some reason.
>>
if he can serialize a story online and people will pay to read it, i'd say he's already touched greatness several times, and greatness is going to report him for inappropriate touching.

"okay, greatness, can you show me where on this copy of "Save the Cat!" Mr King touched you?"
>>
He's not good by /lit/ standards because his books are good on the surface and there's nothing past that.

If you look at horror narrative history however, he really did reinvent the genre, giving birth the comfy american small town horror story.

No, it's not great literature, but they are cool stories told in amusing, original ways.
There's a reason his books have been adapted by respected directors like Stanley Kubrick, David Cronenberg, Brian de Palma and Frank Darabont among others.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.