[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I begin my epic philosophical essay? I have to write

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 20161105_124931.png (648KB, 720x959px) Image search: [Google]
20161105_124931.png
648KB, 720x959px
how do I begin my epic philosophical essay?

I have to write a boring essay about the effects of unemployment, but since I'm a well read genius, I decided to relate this subject to absurdism and Sisyphus, and produce a fine essay that will impress my liberal, feminist, Hillary supporter writing professor.
>>
and then you decided you to post here.
>>
>write a boring essay about the effects of unemployment
>not writing an essay about the Byronic man
Shame on you.
>>
>>8694854
Imagine the dude writing job applications is happy xD
>>
>>8694856
/lit/ has to approve of my ideas first so that I can show it to people in real life.
>>
Holy shit, no one has ever written about that before.
>>
>>8694859
it's not like I was the one who chose to write about the effects of unemployment, I was given the topic at random
>>
>>8694889
Is the topic supposed to be the effect of unemployed people as a whole on a given society, or the effect of unemployment on an individual's psyche? If the latter, write an essay on the Byronic man.
>>
>>8694854

Unemployment and employment are equally absurd states.
>>
>>8694894
It's the latter, but I know little to nothing about the Byronic man. Could you please elaborate on it?
>>
>>8694916

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byronic_hero
>>
>>8694854

1. historical conditions of unemployment
2. psychological effects: freud and melancholia
3. downward spiral: the death drive, or, sisyphus out of work
4. marx and unemployment
5. conclusion
>>
>>8694854
Employment or unemployment is really the wrong dilemma. The society is organized to produce well-fare above the jungle-survival threshold for those willing to submit to its laws and social institutions. The will to work within the society and be a law-abiding citizen alone should be enough to grant an individual his well-fare. Since the society fails to provide certain individuals with such comfort, it fails to uphold the social consensus all parties agreed to in order to generate society in the first place. Therefore those individuals are not living in civilization but in a jungle-like environment while STILL being expected to (with force if they choose to break way from it) respect societal institutions. In reality those individuals not only should not be expected to uphold institutions, they are completely ethically justified to ignore them since the society has violated the agreement through its failure to generate a position above the jungle-survival threshold. Not only that the additional through law forcefully imposed conditions on the individual even rob him of the freedom to create his own survival conditions that are inherent in a jungle environment, making the individual's position in a vacuum even worse than had he been left to his own devices.
>>
>>8694854

If this thread is not bait: Impress your prof by writing something outstanding on the subject you were given. By choosing another subject you'll just look like a try-hard who wants to flaunt his intelligence. It might also come off as you not being able to write about the subject at all.

Source: Taught lit for a short time. Ohh, an essay on Crime and punishment? Good job, Timmy, pat on the back, what a fucking genius you are Timmy! It was not your assignment Timmy, but I can see you're an intelligent person by writing about something completely unrelated, which also happens to be the only thing you've read all summer.

Ohh, plagiarism? Well, Timmy, you still read the book, you just couldn't understand it. No matter, Timmy, you're not a fucking retard, you're just annoying as fuck.
>>
>>8695195
This hits it on the head.
Just be sure to completely subordinate these points to asinine questions of "identity" if you want above a B, though

>>8695191
>historical conditions
>marx
You've either never met a feminist or never read Marx.
>>
>>8695988
I'm not choosing another subject though, I'm writing on the same topic but from a different perspective.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.