[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He was obviously not a human being. Mc carthy evokes much Christian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (69KB, 400x524px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69KB, 400x524px
He was obviously not a human being.

Mc carthy evokes much Christian biblical imagery and themes in his works including this one so he's comfortable with toying with ideas of the supernatural.
>>
Was that scene where he leads the Glanton gang across the dried molten rocks supposed to be evocative of Moses leading his flock through the Red Sea?
>>
>>8694576
It certainly has a similarity but Moses didn't keep the Israelites alive just to prod their minds ad corrupt them wholly.

The image is there however. Imagine Moses as a sadistic man wanting to save the Jews only to ruin them himself.
>>
>gets described as a djinn
>djinn sounds like "gin"
>alcohol is a big theme in the book

bravo cormac
>>
>>8694576
if it's the scene i think you're talking about
it's supposed to be a Paradise Lost reference.
The Judge is satan leading his name and he teaches
them about sulfur and stuff. They were on a volcano hence the molten rocks. Evocative of Pandemonium or some shit
>>
>>8694656
*leading his men

sorry
>>
The book was fictional, you know. None of them were human beings.
>>
>>8694656
and there is literally a scene in Paradise Lost where Satan teaches the fallen angels about the destructive stuff within the earth to use against god.

>>8694759
you think you're being funny, but that's actually a huge point the judge makes again and again - that he is important in the context of his fiction (true or not), and his historical importance meaningless.
>>
>>8694568
Is that really what the Judge looks like?

Damn he
THICC
H
I
C
C
>>
The judge is a liar. He presents binary arguments when in reality you dont need to believe either of his options. But if you read to the end you were thoroughly fucked by him.
>>
>>8695205
>But if you read to the end you were thoroughly fucked by him.

what do you mean? Are you saying it's this Spec Ops: The line kind of "you win by not playing" deal?
>>
>>8695209
No it's not a video game so you cant win or lose
>>
>>8694568
can we please stop using that picture
>>
>>8695261
turns out you're real bad at conversation
>>
>>8696288
What's your problem with it? It's accurate.
>>
>>8696347
No it's not, it's fucking ridiculous. How the fuck can he be that fat when they're roaming about in the desert? How much food can he fucking get? Why are his pecs and arms so defined and muscly and then his midsection is grotesquely round? Why is his head so small compared to the rest of his body?

Finally, WHY THE FUCK ARE HIS THIGHS SO HUGE AND WHERE DID HIS PENIS GO
>>
>>8696393
THICC
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>8696347
It just looks like a muscle man with a fat belly, which is not how the judge is described

He should look like pic related (but hairless and not red)

I understand that the judge is super strong, but he should look like a gigantic baby. Besides that, it's just a shitty drawing
>giraffe neck
>no dick
>disproportionately long left upper arm
>disproportionately long right forearm
>fists because artist can't draw hands
>>
>>8696400
I don't recall the judge having a huge goitre.

>>8696393
THICC
>>
>>8696517
>goitre
sorry this thread is for Americans
>>
>>8694568
>He was obviously not a human being.

Gee...figured that one out by yourself, did you?
>>
>>8694585
pottery, pure lit-kino

BRAVA CORMAC
R
A
V
A
>>
>>8696400
Babies aren't circular though.

And this is the best depiction.
>>
>>8696659
o jesus fucking christ get out of here with that shit
>>
I bet no one can actually post a good image of the judge in this thread
>>
File: Judge-Holden-David-Cederlof.jpg (70KB, 500x791px) Image search: [Google]
Judge-Holden-David-Cederlof.jpg
70KB, 500x791px
>>8696664
No.
>>
>>8696659
>>8696671
Are these actually supposed to be Judge Holden or are they concept art for a video game or something?
>>
>>8696681
>>8696668
What's a right image then?
>>
>>8695205

He drops some truth-bombs though. Like how man's evolution has been shaped by war and violent combat. How does McCarthy think of this shit? The man is like Wallace-esque in his thinking ability.
>>
>>8694759
>None of them were human beings.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Joel_Glanton

take that you stinkpot
>>
>>8696659
he looks like a pouty scowling grandmother disapproving
>>
File: judge holden.jpg (15KB, 343x471px) Image search: [Google]
judge holden.jpg
15KB, 343x471px
>>8696668
>>
>>8696697
https://youtu.be/8UMnveEkefc
>>
>>8696668
The problem so many people have with visually depicting the Judge is that they always try to make him look imposing and malevolent and so they give him a very harsh, masculine face. However, it's explicit in the book that he has a very childlike face, and he's essentially described as a giant infant, which is obviously supposed to ironically contrast with the fact that he's basically the manifestation of pure evil.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.