[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn Freud, but I don't know where to start.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Freud..jpg (84KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Freud..jpg
84KB, 1200x1200px
I want to learn Freud, but I don't know where to start. What reading material would you guys suggest for a Freud noob?
>>
>>8693712
Intro to Psychoanalysis and the New intro to Psychoanalysis
>>
Zetter's Traum
>>
>>8693751
is there a chat or something who i can read this with?
>>
>>8693712
Civilization and its Discontents with a pencil and highlighter
>>
Freud?
More like fraud!
>>
You need to read the Three Essays on Sexuality, so you can come forth and discourse at length on "Erotogenic Zones" to all of your friends.

But really, begin at the beginning with the Interpretation of Dreams. But I warn you, Freud is fucking crazy. His view is basically: reality is sexually determined. Now, this makes sense when you're young because you're horny all the time; and therefore, Freud has many passionate adherents among the young and the young at heart. As you get older, however, and you become less promiscuous, you begin to feel as if the sexual determinism of psychoanalysis is something like an Overdetermination.
>>
>>8696408
Though, anyone who read Freud knows that sexuality isn't only genital, and that you just read wikipedia to express a quick opinion
>>
>2016
>Freud
topkek
>>
>>8693712
Start by having sex with your mother and killing your father, then spend the rest of your life reading Oedipus Rex while snorting copious amounts of cocaine, now you've learned Freud.
>>
>>8697254
>try to make thoughtful, well-written posts of your own
>>
>>8697223
You have never read anything by him.
>>
>>8697223
>dismisses Freud
>will later unknowingly interpret something based on his theories
>>
>>8697275
>>8697315
Butthurt dream warriors in full force.
>>
>>8697321
ok,papi
>>
Group Psychology and the Analysis of the Ego, The Ego and the Id and, The Interpretation of Dreams.

If you're interested to read pseudoscience go for it.
>>
>>8693712
Just read the general theory of psychoanalysis. Get the basic idea of Id ego and super ego and the psychosexual stages. Then take a peek on unconsciousness. Just to get the general idea I would use internet.

The interpretations of dreams is a very good book to start as you will understand how unconscious mind operates and such.

But you can start with anything once you have the basics because Freud was writing very interestingly and is easy to understand. I wouldnt take all his ideas seriously or at least have a mind of your own. But a lot of his ideas are useful if you take them without his interpretations. I personally like Jung more.
>>
>>8693712
You have to understand that you only want to read him because you need a way to cope with castration anxiety.
I know that you want to fuck your mom badly, but Freud doesn't offer any solutions. Sorry.

Also I hope you are not a woman and suffer from penis envy. Just reading Freud will not make that any better.

t. psychoanalyst
>>
>>8693722
>>8695252
>>8696408
>>8697415
>>8698092

Don't listen to these guys, OP. The best intro and also his most entertaining and easily accessible book is The Psychopathology of Everyday Life. Most of what we associate as being "Freudian" is in here.
>>
>>8698145
Dont listen to this pseud OP and start with greeks or at least with neurology.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.