[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever get the feeling that your just as smart now as you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0381.jpg (337KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0381.jpg
337KB, 1080x1920px
Anyone ever get the feeling that your just as smart now as you were when you were 14-16/early adolescent? I thought frontal lobe and executive function were supposed to get stronger the older I got but instead I sometimes feel more stupid. For reference I'm 21 and about to get my degree. I find myself understanding things less and forgetting basic facts more (memorization not a sexy strong as it once was). Is this normal or did I peak in intelligence at age 15?
>>
Obviously you did, because you forgot this board was supposed to be about literature.
>>
>>8692291

Fucking rekt
/Thread

Include me in the Reddit screenshot please
>>
>>8692283
I'm 27 and I notice I find it harder to remember things. Not much, but my mind was like glue, it just sticked. It's normal.

However, I feel like I have a better grasp of the learning process. I'm pretty sure if I went back in high school I could shred classes in half the study time.
>>
>>8692622
This. If only!
>>
No.

I can safely look back and say I used to be a dumbass. Now I'm much less of a dumbass.

The only thing that went sour was my memory of words. I know the meaning or idea of the word, so I just keep a thesaurus next to me.
>>
I'm not necessarily smarter than I was around 15, I just have more lexical knowledge and experience that helps me understand things.
My memory is the same as it was. Average.
Not much has changed regarding my life in general, either. I picked up new interests because of the people I've met, and my responsibilities prevent me from doing stupid teenager shit.

I think I've peaked around 16. Whether that means that I was a smart kid for my age or that I'm a dumbass right now is debatable. I think it's the latter desu
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.