[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really like hyper-poetic prose. Most, if not all, of Friedrich

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Opera-Garnier.jpg (399KB, 635x400px) Image search: [Google]
Opera-Garnier.jpg
399KB, 635x400px
I really like hyper-poetic prose. Most, if not all, of Friedrich Nietzsche's works ooze with the honey of his mind upon the end of his gilded pen. Yet, I seek other writers whom may write in equal flourish and opulence.

Which writers do such a thing in untranslated English?
>>
>>8691415
>Which writers do such a thing in untranslated English?

What do you mean untranslated English?
>>
>>8691415

There are authors who could fit this, but for very different reasons
You could say this of Nabokov on the basis of the mellifluous flow of his phrasing
Joyce too, but for his intricate structures and use of different prose forms themselves to convey a message
Also Gaddis, for the compaction of his phrasing (this despite the length of some of his works) and his tight exploitation of assonance, repetition, and so on
>>
>>8691415

Henry James
>>
Djuna Barnes
>>
>>8691428

With Nietzsche, it was German translated into English. I am looking for authors who wrote in English and does not require the filter of a translator.
>>
If only your translation stipulation wasn't there, Proust and every translation I've read of him makes my soul a happy one.
Otherwise I'd have to say Nabokov or whoever the fuck that guy was that wrote Ben-Hur. It's been a while since I've read it but unless I have it mixed up with something else it had excellent prose
>>
>>8691415
>shakes a spear
>>
its called 'baroque', you fucking dumb ass

sage
>>
T.E. Lawrence
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.