[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if you could recommend any 5 (or more if u want) books to a complete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (10KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
10KB, 300x250px
if you could recommend any 5 (or more if u want) books to a complete and utter pleb in order to turn him into somebody worth having an intelligent conversation with, what books would u recommend?
>>
it's impossible to have an intelligent conversation with someone who has only read 5 books
>>
it doesnt work like that friendo
check the wiki for recommendation charts
>>
>>8690192
Edith Hamilton's Mythology
Lattimore's Iliad and Odyssey
Dubliners
Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
Ulysses
>>
>>8690229

better be in that order
>>
Breakfast of Champions
The Color Purple
Blood Meridian
Candide
The Red Pony
The Handmaid's Tale
The Joy Luck Club
These books are great and easy to read. They'd be a great place to start.
>>
>>8690192
The Iliad
The Bible
Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire
Remembrance of Things Past
Blood Meridian
>>
Spend 2 years on Finnegan's Wake. Fuck the other 4 books.
>>
Iliad and Odyssey
Canterbury Tales
Don Quixote
Gargantua and Pantagruel
A good chunk of Shakespeare (not just the tragedies but also the histories and comedies, and maybe Troilus and Cressida)
Montaigne
Paradise Lost
At least Swann's Way
El llano en llamas
Either The Sound and the Fury or Absalom, Absalom (asking for both is often disappointing)

There's a ton of others I could rattle off, but these are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head, a ki d of curriculum vitae for an ideal conversational partner.
>>
>>8690374
Fuck, and Moby Dick.
>>
Metamorphoses
The Bible (if only one book, make it Genesis or Ecclesiastes)
Dubliners
Middlemarch
Gilgamesh
>>
Metamorphoses, Iliad, Odyssey, Bible, Crime and Punishment
>>
Ulysses
Gravity's Rainbow
Infinite Jest

when the dust has settled you will truly be a literature pro, and our guy,.
>>
Cervantes - Don Quixote
Borges - Ficciones
Camus - The Fall
Kafka - The Trial
Auster - The New York Trilogy
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.