[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Read a book >Don't get it at all How do I stop this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 200px-TheDreamMaster(1stEd).jpg (25KB, 200x311px) Image search: [Google]
200px-TheDreamMaster(1stEd).jpg
25KB, 200x311px
>Read a book
>Don't get it at all

How do I stop this?

Also books you didn't get thread , I'll start
>>
File: picador75.jpg (55KB, 566x859px) Image search: [Google]
picador75.jpg
55KB, 566x859px
I have a feeling I'm going to be called a dumbass for admitting it. But this thing's impenetrable even after multiple reading. I had to follow the synopsis below to finally understand the plot.

http://www.ottosell.de/pynchon/rainbow.htm
>>
>>8689707
>Also books you didn't get thread ,
There are no such books.
>>
>>8689796
read slower
>>
>>8689799
I would bet a lot of money that the guy who can sense there's something going on in the book he read that he didn't really understand explicitly is a lot smarter than the guy who says NOPE I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING

maybe your understanding of the books you read is so poor you can't even tell there's another layer at all
>>
>>8689707
What didn't you get? The power of industrialized society could not conquer the power of id or dreams, human instinct is inflamed, not pacified, by it, and the novella was better. Some people read some Freudian stuff into it especially with the dog, and you're free to do that too.
>>
>>8689707
1Q84... It can't have been as hollow as I read it. I mustn't have got the "little people" plot at all.
>>
>>8690098
I got the gist of the plot, however the fancy poetic imagery and references like those at the ending were completely lost on me
>>
>>8690448
The book's way better if you just let the power of the imagery roll over you, I promise. Let go and be overwhelmed. Be lost on purpose.

Or you could go full English 101 and try to figure out exactly What Zelazny Meant which is fruitless because he wrote out of his own deep dreaming and not out of an autistic desire to make puzzles.
>>
Savage detectives
>>
>>8689707
Crying of Lot. I didn't enjoy it so I put no effort in it and everything was lost on me.
I certainly missed a lot, but got something out of a lot of philosophy. I read City of God 2 years ago as my 3rd or 4th philosophy and missed most of everything.
A lot of Hannah Arendt seems to be very vague, so that.
Alasdair MacIntyre is often very dense and I struggle with certain parts.
>>
>>8690107
it's disney-esque adult fantasy. don't overthink it
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.