[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the better edition? I kind of like left cover,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (201KB, 745x568px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
201KB, 745x568px
Which is the better edition? I kind of like left cover, but it also costs more
>>
Edition on the left is known to have pretty egregious printing errors, with whole clauses being occasionally omitted.
>>
>>8688261
fuck, not OP, but I have the left one.
>>
File: gravtiy rainbow DONT DELETE.png (76KB, 2440x196px) Image search: [Google]
gravtiy rainbow DONT DELETE.png
76KB, 2440x196px
>>8688266
This is like considered the litmus test. Check if your edition has this issue.
>>
>>8688256
Right is better.
>>
Just go to abebooks, I got my copy for like $5 from them
>>
>>8688299
what does the issue look like compared to the correct one?

pls send help, i have the left edition
>>
>>8688261
error in that edition have been blown way out of proportion. In fact that one missing line is the only one that's ever been mentioned.
>>
I have the penguin edition with the rocket blueprints cover, is that one ok?
>>
>>8688256
Between a Ferrari and a Camry, which is the better car? I kind of like the Ferrari, but it costs more.
>>
>>8688999
degenerate
>>
>>8688993
Yes
>>
File: mongkok_tenement_14thfloor.jpg (115KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
mongkok_tenement_14thfloor.jpg
115KB, 800x600px
>>8688256
So you are trying to decide between the Penguin one with the sperm riddled cover or the Vintage gay-pride-propaganda one with the LGBT colors on there.
I myself have the one on the right, cause well, you know, at least it's less gay
>>
>>8688256
left has printing errors senpai
>>
left cover was actually designed by Frank Miller for some reason
>>
>not having first edition

are you a prole or something?
>>
>>8688299
"Your task, in these dreams, is often to pens." (last sentence of pg. 139 in my edition)
Fuck
>>
>>8691257
Sounds about as nonsensical as nearly everything else Pynchon wrote. What's the issue?
>>
Viking's paperback edition has a terrible spine, I had to buy a Vintage one just because the first disintegrated in my hands nowhere near the end of the book. It looks good on a shelf but it's quality is pure garbage, anon
>>
>>8691783
that was directed at >>8690358
>>
>>8691783
Not op but can you post some photos of the vintage edition?
>>
>>8691789
it's the one on the right of OPs picture. Or do you want photos of its interior?
>>
>>8691799
Some side photos and the open book. There aren't many in the internet and I order my books online.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.