[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Emma Watson Has Taken to Hiding Free Books on Public Tra

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: EmmaWhoson.png (862KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
EmmaWhoson.png
862KB, 1200x630px
>Emma Watson Has Taken to Hiding Free Books on Public Transit.
>http://time.com/4554660/emma-watson-instagram-book-club/?xid=time_socialflow_facebook

>"If you’re traveling by London tube, you might come across some hidden free book gems along the way: Emma Watson has been craftily placing 100 paperback copies of beloved writer Maya Angelou’s Mom & Me & Mom around the busy stations.

>The Beauty and the Beast actor and U.N. Goodwill Ambassador heads up an open, feminist book club, called “My Shared Shelf”—and the Angelou autobiography is November’s read. To make it happen, Watson partnered with Books on the Underground, a “community project” that regular drops free books in unexpected spots around London’s tube network."

Why do celebrities feel the need to push their ideologies in the public sphere?

Do you approve or disapprove of Watson's actions and/or choice of literature to distribute freely to the underprivileged plebs of London?
>>
>>8685845
If I ever become a millionaire, I'll be distributing copies of Mein Kampf for free.
>>
>>8685845
Toilet paper for bums (pun intended)
>>
>>8685853
Someone needs to do this or drop them from a cargo plane over a heavily populated area. Not even for people to read just for the act of carpet bombing using Mein Kamp
>>
File: 1459300779879.jpg (35KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1459300779879.jpg
35KB, 500x375px
>>8685845
>reading Maya Angelou
>distributing free books
>an ideology

Literally who cares, OP?

Also
>>/pol/
>>
>>8685853
If I ever become a millionaire I'd spend money on drugs, bitches and books, not gay publicity stunts.
>>
>>8685894
Why do you care? Are you spooked?
>>
>>8685903
Why do you care the public opinion? Are YOU spooked?
>>
File: Emma-Watson-Feet-1027985.jpg (2MB, 3736x5448px) Image search: [Google]
Emma-Watson-Feet-1027985.jpg
2MB, 3736x5448px
>>8685845
I love her feet.
>>
>>8685845
She is ugly lol
>>
>>8685921
Why can't you into English? Are you stuped?
>>
>>8685845
She's so fucking cute
>>
Freedom of choice and expression means she can support whatever juvenile politics she wants.
You are free to criticize/mock them, too.
>>
>>8685845
i hate when people try to do stuff with the tube

its a noisy outdated piece of shit where nobody talks and thats how it should stay
>>
If I were a millionaire, I'd leave hundreds of copies of Edmund Husserls Phenomenology all over London.
>>
>>8685927
Gross ankles.
>>
>>8685845
At least hand out a good book you ugly feminist bitch

Who even reads Maya Angelou?
>>
>>8685845
did she buy any of them second hand? That is the most important question, how many trees need to be cut down to satiate you need to feel smart Emma? HOW MANY!?
>>
Imagine actually being this fucking vapid

This is the kind of idea your 14 year old daughter would come up with, but because she's a celebrity everyone just indulges her

Anything giving an impassioned speech about ISSUES on the basis that they were in a Harry Potter movie needs to be killed
>>
>beauty and the beast actor Emma Watson
Real fucking cute lol
>>
>>8685845
>Why do celebrities feel the need to push their ideologies in the public sphere?
Because they have influence. If you had that kind of influence, isn't there something you'd try to impress upon the world?

Ultimately, it would probably be pointless. People tend to be deadset in their ways, unless they're retards who actually subscribe to things based on celebrity endorsement. But why would you want those kinds of people supporting your ideals in the first place?

>Do you approve or disapprove of Watson's actions
It's silly, but I don't care. She's not violating anyone's rights.

>and/or choice of literature to distribute freely to the underprivileged plebs of London?
Distributing literally any form of fiction would result in someone accusing you of having a political agenda.
>>
A total of 100 books? HOLY WOW, STOP THE PRESSES
>>
>>8685853
Watch that edge bro
>>
who the fuck would even take the book anyway
i'd think it was someone elses and not want to commit a fuckin crime by stealing it
>>
>>8685958
Thanks
>>
>>8686254
What a lasting impact on reality. I bet she felt real proud of self,impressive to be able to virtue signal that hard
>>
Fuck off, /lit/, if someone was leaving Pynchon, Tao Lin, or Dostoevski on the tube you'd love them. You can't expect much out of actors though, give her a break
>>
why is everyone so mad? She liked the bookand has expendable cash and time. literally a stronk and independent womyn. who cares?
>>
>>8685845
>Do you approve or disapprove of Watson's actions
neither. i'm struggling to care.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.